Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Heart Will Go On....

So I came home from work yesterday afternoon to a familiar song...from 1998. Yes, my friends, a Celine Dion classic was playing on the television set that my husband was watching. He, the most manly man ever who wouldn't even come near to admitting he has a "soft side" was knowingly watching Titanic. He had actually taken the video (and I'm talking VHS video) out of the cabinet and had watched it all afternoon--when I got home, the boat was sinking.

Ah...a good chuckle every time I think about it...

Moving on to some random thoughts-

The pellet stove broke. Jesse's got it figured out--something electrical--but we're waiting on the part. So, WE Energies is back in business for a few days. We're so very thankful we have the furnace back-up because it's been FREEZING here in these parts the past few days. I ran outside to start my car this morning and my hair froze. Sometimes I wish it would stay that way because it's actually kinda cute in a wet dog sort of way...and word to the wise--frozen hair doesn't get frizzy!

Last weekend I went to our famous family gathering--"Zimmerama". Elliot and I went up to Neenah (Jesse was driving limo) and hung out with my awesome family. They are great people. I'm not just saying that because they're my family. Every one of them has a characteristic that I love. I love that Lauren is Martha Stewart times 900 in the knitting category-man, that girl can knit! I love that Erin is fluent in Spanish and throws a few words into conversations all the time...not sure if she knows she's doing it or not, but it's cool. I love that James is still very involved in family gatherings, even though I'm sure it's extremely difficult since Yo died. I love that Del gives me 3 kisses on the cheek every time I see him. And yes, I love that the Mueller's still call me "Messy".

That's all for now. I'm sure there's more, but I'm sleepy and ready for bed.

1 comment: