Wednesday, January 3, 2007

A New Year, a New....Year

So, it's 2007. I've been meaning to start a blog for some time and here I am. It's 8:36 in the morning and I'm sitting at my place of work (Maritime Insurance Group) thinking about all the freaking problems I should be dealing with and here I am typing about nothing that pertains to my job. Oh well. Sucks for them. I'm salaried, who gives a rats ass.

Nice way to start, huh?

Anyway, I'll bring this blog up to date with everything that's happened in my life in the past few years. On August 28, 1999 I met some guy on I43 near Sheboygan. This guy (we'll call him "Stinky" from here on out) would ultimately become my husband. (I still get freaked out when I say that word)

We got married on September 22, 2001, a mere 2 years after our funkdified meeting on the freeway. The wedding was a glorious day, full of friends, family and fun (and an open bar for the attendants which we later learned was not the best idea considering there were 40 double Captain and Coke's ordered--thank goodness I'm an only child and am admittedly spoiled--thanks mom for paying the bar bill that exceeded the free beer and free soda for over 200 guests!)

In late November of 2004 we learned that we were pregnant. I took a test, screamed, pooped my pants and then took about 12 more. I did take one of the digital ones and wrapped that up as an early Christmas present to Stinky--the one who hates to do anything early, especially open gifts. After much begging and pleading, he finally opened what appeared to him to be a Popsicle stick-and then saw the word "pregnant". It was a good moment.

We had Elliot on August 31 of 2005. I'll do a birth story later. It was an awesome pregnancy, a great labor and there is nothing on this Earth that is better than Elliot. He is kick ass. He's 16 months now and life with him gets better daily. He can some words now: mom, dad, Bob (for our neighbor), meow, no, nuk, and hi. We're working on words every day with him-I think he'll catch on quick.

That's all the time I have for today. I have some claims problems I need to get to and fix (it's now 3:19 pm. No, it didn't take me that long to write this--I've just been working all freaking day and dealing with crapola.)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment