Sunday, September 21, 2008

Both kids are napping. Holy crap.




Yes, it's true. They're both down. Together. Sleeping soundly. Dear God, what did I do to deserve this peace? Jesse is out with his brothers and I am surrounded by peace and quiet (aside from the rumblings of a washing machine...)




Life is good.




So I need to comment about a key-note speaker at the WAHU (Wisconsin Association of Health Underwriters) conference I was at last week. His name is Byrd Baggett and was by far the most unbelievable speaker I have ever heard. Ever. (yes, Whit, he beats out Ronald Kirk Haas.) He did this "Seasons of Growth" seminar that had me laughing and crying--along with everyone else in the room. He's big into quotes and here are a few of my favorites:
"Follow the trail to your dreams, not the path of others’ expectations."
"Integrity is a choice. It is consistently choosing the purity of truth over popularity."
"We must have the freedom to dream, the courage to risk, the faith to believe, and the will to succeed."

If anyone EVER has the opportunity to hear him--GO!! Seriously. Amazing.
Did I mention that my house is quiet?

1 comment: