Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Facebook Message that will likely change my life

Ever since I had a hard time getting pregnant over 5 years ago, I've wanted to be a surrogate. It's like a calling...like I need to do this. No, more like I HAVE to do this.

So, I thought I would look into it after the birth of my daughter, Emerson. 9 months after she was born, I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, London--so that put the surrogacy on hold for a bit.

After I had London in May of 2009, I thought 2010 would be a good time to start looking into doing a surrogacy; do some more research, check out some agencies...stuff like that.

I submitted an application to an agency in Madison, Wisconsin and had been e-mailing back and forth with them to get the process going. Then, I did a little research online about them (should have done that before I filled out the app to save myself some time) and came to learn that this wasn't a great company to work with....so I kind of just let that one go to the side. I researched some more agencies and found one that appeared to be good...so I downloaded their application and began to fill it out.

Then, last week, I got message via Facebook.

A friend of mine (we'll call him "Steve") messaged me and said he had "heard a rumor" about me and wanted to know if it was true. So, I called him. After a brief conversation, I knew my life was about to change.

He and his new wife, "Sara", want a child. She has 2 from a prior marriage and he has none of his own. I've known "Steve" for almost 15 years and could tell even from our phone conversation his want for a child of his own. The "rumor" he heard was that I wanted to do a surrogacy.

Next step: let's meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment