Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So we meet

When Steve and I had our conversation about a week ago, we thought it would be a good idea to get together with our spouses and just talk. Get everything out in the open--what they want, what we want, what our timeline is, etc...

So tonight, we sat at their kitchen table and talked. For nearly an hour and a half.

We heard their story and bottom line is this--to see Steve talk about having a child--I just know this is the right thing to do.

We discussed the fact that they've been on such a roller-coaster with this whole thing--from having other surrogates lined up only to back out for various reasons to the psychological exam that they had to take (that my husband and I will end up taking too). Through all of these up's and down's, never once did Steve say he wanted to give up.

All the time he kept talking, I kept thinking "I want this roller coaster for them to go up--and keep going up".

This just feels perfect to me. They are such an awesome couple and I just feel really good about this.

Next step: Steve is going to call their RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) and give them a "heads up". I need to make an appointment with him for a physical and go from there.

I am overjoyed at the prospect of helping Steve and Sara out. It's beyond words. I hope this all goes through and my dream would be sometime in 2011 they will be holding a new-born baby in their arms.

I also want to give a "shout out" to my awesome husband. He's on board with all of this and I so appreciate that. This might be a bumpy road for us, but he understands and supports my decision to do this. I wouldn't be able to do this without him and for that, he is loved beyond what he knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment