Saturday, September 11, 2010

Meds

Last week Thursday I went to the RE's office for my med training.  Little did I know I had to get an ultrasound, also (good thing I "prepared" in the morning! LOL).  According to the doc, my uterine wall is nice and thick (which is good)--I had a cyst on my ovary, which I couldn't quite understand meant that I just ovulated or was about to.  Regardless, all is good.

They took a blood draw to determine a level (and I can't remember what it was for)...if I was over 3, I was good to go to start the Lupron injections that night.  If it was below 3, I had to wait to start the Lupron until today (Saturday).

A few hours after my appointment, Jill called with my level--a 1.3...so I start the Lupron tonight.  In the meantime, I've been taking Norethin (which I have to stay on for a week).

After my ultrasound, Jill took me back to the conference room and we laid out all the "stuff" I had gotten via Fed Ex last weekend.  Jill had ordered it all for me and it was delivered to my home--I hadn't even opened the package.  I didn't quite know what to expect--here's what I received:


Yeah, a little intimidating...but Jill walked me through everything and I'm pretty comfortable with it all.  The Lupron shots have a pretty tiny needle--but when I start the Progesterone, those needs are quite a bit bigger.  I'm going to give all the shots myself because, though my husband is totally willing to help, I don't see him at the same times every day and these need to be pretty consistent....

So, I'll keep you posted on my first Lupron shot tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment