Friday, November 12, 2010

Hmmmm....

As I sit here this evening, I'm pondering something that's pretty important to a lot of people...money.  It's important to me, it's important to my husband, my parents, my grandparents, my best friend and people I don't even know.  I don't have a lot of it and always need more of it.  No wait, I want more of it.  Big difference between NEED and WANT, right?

And now I'm thinking about my IP's (Intended Parents) and everything that they've had to go through, specifically as it relates to money.  Being an IP doesn't come cheap.  I have no clue how much money they're "out", but I can't imagine it's a small number.  From the consults to the egg retrieval to the creation of the embryo's to everything that I've had to do (because everything to do with a gestational carrier is on them--the meds, ultrasounds, psych evaluation, appointments...).  I imagine the reproductive endocrinologist (RE) doesn't come cheap, either.

So here's my question...how much would you be willing to pay to have a child?  Man, that's tough, huh?  I mean, I don't even know if I can answer that one.  I suppose I would do everything I could to have a child with my husband-my own flesh and blood.  Mortgage the house, move into an apartment...but where would it stop? 

As you know the first embryo transfer we had failed.  That doesn't mean Tracy and Branden didn't get charged for all of that.  It wasn't a "freebie".  They had to pay for everything whether the embryo took or not.  And now they have to do it again.  Man, I just can't imagine...toughness times 88.

So, that's what I was thinking about today.  Money.  The "cost" of a child.   Hmmmm....


(and as a personal blog post about my own life, my son just got stung 3 times by a wasp! Yowsa! He's okay and I didn't make a big deal about it so he wouldn't freak out about it--but talk about a mini heart attack.  EEK)

No comments:

Post a Comment