Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas...

I'm not sure how much time I will get to post between now and the Christmas weekend, so thought I would make sure and send my warmest Christmas/Holiday/whatever you celebrate wishes to all my blog followers, those that follow publicly and those that don't.

I have a busy week ahead and just because I'm feeling dorky, I'd like to lay it all out right here for the world to see. 

12/21--Holiday party at the office.  Always an interesting feat--usually catered by Boston Market (ah...cornbread....).  We eat, have a gift exchange (which I did not participate in this year because I wanted to hold a grudge on some co-workers) and then my team and I exchange gifts.  Usually turns out to be a good day in the gift department (that's not what it's about, I know...but it makes it more fun!! LOL)

12/24--Chinese food at the nursing home! It's a new tradition we started since mom went to Rocky Knoll after her stroke.  I buy a crapload of Chinese food and take it to her and we mow down on the stuff until we're all sick. It's great fun.  No really, it is.  The kids like it, I like it because I don't have to cook and overall, it's a good night to hang out, open presents and enjoy each others company.

Normally we would hit up midnight mass at church but having 3 kids at church for a candlelit ceremony that's usually serene and quiet is not happening. 

12/25--Open presents with the family at home.  I've been a stickler about this since we had kids.  We HAVE to open presents at our home on Christmas morning.  It's my only thing I won't give into over the Holiday's.  Call me Scrooge, but I feel my kids need to have this tradition.  After we open presents and trash the house with ribbon and wrapping paper (that I spent SO much time on wrapping *sigh*), we'll get ready and head to Steak & Eggs on the farm-another tradition that I don't want to miss.  I'm not sure how long this has been going on (perhaps one of my blog readers could chime in on this one...you know who you are!!) but it's been since I can remember.  My step Grandma (Breeze) and Grandpa (Alfred) have always hosted this at their home....and since my STEP cousin (Kelly) and her husband (Neil) purchased the farm house last year, they've taken over the tradition.  (I emphasize the word STEP for a good reason...it's a funny story that I'll tell some day).  Anyway, over the course of the morning, I would guess that no less than 100 people walk through the doors to the old farmhouse to eat the fabulous steak and eggs breakfast prepared.  It's awesome.  After steak and eggs, we'll head to my mother-in-law's house and enjoy the rest of the day there.

12/26--this year is going to be a special "day after Christmas" because aforementioned grandparents (Breeze & Alfred) will be celebrating their 60TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!  Can you even imagine??  60 years!  Wow.  Kudos to anyone that can make it that long. LOL  It's going to be a good day of celebration for them.  After that, we'll head to another Aunt's home for another tradition-prime rib dinner.  YUM.

Yes, it's going to be a busy weekend, but it's all laid out and I have a good hold on where we need to be and when (and I'm a planner, so I needed to have everything laid out weeks ago LOL)  I'm really looking forward to the weekend and everything that comes with it--family, food, fun.

Here's wishing you and yours a blessed and wonderful Christmas.  May you make many awesome memories to share for years to come!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot! But sounds like fun times w/ family. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete