Saturday, December 11, 2010

contracts signed...again

Well, we got the 2nd round of contracts and agreements signed today.  Basically, we had to re-sign EVERYTHING we did a few months ago before the first transfer...and most had to be notarized.  The only change we made was the number of embryo's...going from 2 to 3.

But, we spent a good 15 minutes signing about 1800 different documents and whew, it's done.  Branden will deliver to Jill on Monday!

Which means we're all legal and binding and it's on.  I'll start Lupron on Wednesday (hmmm..Jill said she ordered me some, but I haven't gotten yet...must call her).  I'll continue on the BCP until Dec 22, which means I have to get another pack of it for like 3 days worth.  Slightly annoying, but I do what I need to do.


In other "stuff", we're supposed to be getting hit with a MEGA storm tonight.  Like 9-14 inches worth of the crappy white stuff.  It's now 7:00pm and there's nothing...but I do understand a city 20 minutes north is getting hit-so it's on it's way.  The family and I are all hanging out tonight, ready for anything.

Oh, and I just made a batch of the most awesome soup EVAH!  It's from the Pioneer Woman (LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!) and this is about the billionth time I've made it.  I need to share and you need to make it because it rocks everything. 



CORN CHOWDER
■2 slices Bacon, Cut Into 1/2-inch Pieces (or Smaller)


■2 Tablespoons Butter


■1-½ whole Yellow Onion, Diced


■5 ears Corn, Shucked (about 4 Cups)  (Jesse's note--I used 2 bags of frozen and it worked just fine...)


■2 whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce, Finely Diced


■1 whole 4-ounce Can Diced Green Chilies


■32 ounces, fluid Low Sodium Chicken Broth


■1-½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream


■½ teaspoons Kosher Salt (more To Taste)


■3 Tablespoons Corn Meal OR Masa


■¼ cups Water


Preparation Instructions


(Carefully) slice the corn kernels off the cob. Set aside.


Add bacon pieces to a pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Cook for a couple of minutes. Throw in diced onion and stir, cooking the onion for 3 to 4 minutes. Add butter and melt. Add corn. Stir and cook for one minute. Add both kinds of chilies and stir.

Pour in chicken broth and cream. Add salt. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.

Combine cornmeal (or masa) with water. Stir to combine, then pour into the chowder. Cover and cook for 15 minutes over low heat. If chowder needs more thickening, add another tablespoon of cornmeal mixed with water. Cook for another ten minutes.

Serve with crusty sourdough bread or in a bread bowl. Absolutely yummy!

Make it.  You won't be disappointed.  I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Contracts are huge and so are 3 embies! Good for you! That chowder sounds de-lish, have to try it for sure! Thanks and can't wait for you to transfer! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'll have to make that soup! So you had to re-sign everything just for that 1 change?? 1st time I've ever heard of that...congrats though and this time will be IT!!

    ReplyDelete