Friday, December 17, 2010

"Why do you want to be a surrogate?"

Why do you want to be a surrogate?


I get that question asked to me nearly every time I tell people about my desire to be a surro. I go into the schpeel about me giving something to someone that they can’t have themselves, etc…but the answer I had was always so rehearsed in my head. I had a moment related to this question this past week and it literally took my breath away.

My children are 5, 3 and 1 and they, along with my husband, are my world. I live for them and don’t know what I would do without them.

Like we’ve done the past few years, I recently made some sugar cookies (not from scratch--sorry Grandma!!) and brought out all the goodies to decorate them—including 4 different colors of frosting and a plethora of sprinkles.

All 5 of us were sitting at the table having a blast when it hit me. This is why I want to be a surrogate. In a few years, I want Branden and Tracy to sit down at their kitchen table with their kid(s) and decorate cookies together and have that awesome moment of family, of being together, of knowing nothing else matters...not money, not jobs, not clothes...

I want to be a surrogate so I can help an awesome couple create many, many moments of family and togetherness because that, my friends, is what it's all about.

Here are some photos from our awesome cookie decorating evening.  I love my family to the moon and back!





3 comments:

  1. Great post! So incredibly true. I've been thinking a lot about that question myself. Your babes are adorable & what lovely cookies, Yum!: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly the reason! Great post, and they look like they really enjoyed decorating those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently volunteered to be an egg donor for a similar reason, because I am so incredibly blessed and why should I have so much when others don't? What your doing is amazing! God bless; you'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete