Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lining is good!

Had another appointment today at the RE's office--went well!

First, I peed in a cup (like you needed to know that) LOL.  Then, Jill took a bunch of blood to be shipped off to the FDA, I believe to make sure I have no weird diseases. Have I mentioned how much I like Jill?  She's awesome--however, she did tell me she has a day off on our transfer day, but will be coming for the transfer itself, so I'm happy.  She's our good luck charm.

After the blood draw, we went over the infectious disease stuff...again.  I think this is the 3rd time I've done this.  She had to make sure I didn't get any new piercings or tattoos since the last transfer (which I haven't).  She also needed to make sure I didn't have funky bruises or track marks (which I don't).  Also needed to make sure I haven't had sex with a man who had sex with a man who had sex with a man (which I have not).

Then, a resident came in to do the ultrasound--I think she was pretty new at it because it took her a little longer--and I started cramping a bit.  But, they found what they needed to find (my lining was 11, which is awesome)!  Dr. S did come in to help the resident and said everything looked great!  I do have a triple stripe as well (I still don't know what that means, though...gonna have to check).

So, today I bumped my Estrace up to 1 full pill twice a day.  I will continue to keep the Lupron at 10 units (my last Lupron shot is on Sunday!!).  I have another ultrasound and blood draw on Monday, the 17th and then my mock transfer is on Friday (the 21st)! 

I did get a call back after my appointment--my Estrogen level was at 84, so that's good too!!

We're getting so close! 

5 comments:

  1. Very exciting! I can't imagine how you're feeling, since I'm super excited for you.

    BTW, good thing about the not having sex with a man who had sex with a man who had sex with a man... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right behind you!!! Wait, wait, let me catch up!! :oP Just kidding. Best wises on your mock transfer! I didn't know of such thing until my med screening yesterday. Exciting!! Have you experienced any side effect while on Estrace?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristal-thanks! :) I'm so excited too! And yeah, I had to really think about that sex with a man who had sex with a man question...LOL! Kidding!

    Andrea-the only side effect that I've had (which I'm not 100% sure is from the Estrace or Lupron) is quasi-hot flashes. It's weird, but I just make sure I have removable clothing on (*ahem* shirts only LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck - i saw you "followed" me so now I'm doing the same...or maybe stalking!! LOL j/k - Good luck and I will say a prayer for you - hope it all goes well and it STICKS this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting and fun! Can't wait to be doing all that stuff -- including fielding the oddball questions. If it weren't such a serious thing I'd probably say, "No, but what about having sex with a man who had sex with a man who had sex with a woman?" just to throw them off, lol!

    ReplyDelete