Monday, February 21, 2011

An Attitude of Gratitude.

Continuing on this devotion thing, I read today's and it was another that jumped out at me.

It wasn't the bible verse that got me (though it was pretty good--Philippians 4:4-6) but the message that came with it:

Go to bed tonight pondering everything you have to be thankful for.  Thank God for everything--a convenient parking place; the fact that you can walk, see, or hear; your children.  Don't become discouraged with yourself when you fall short, and don't quit. 

Don't quit. 

I did speak with my husband yesterday about the surro thing and he's on board whether B & T try again or whether I go an agency route with a new couple.  I knew he would be on board, but it's always nice to hear it.

Other than that, just taking care of myself--I've been on a walking streak lately, doing at least 2.5 miles a day.  But then yesterday, it snowed.  A lot.  Like 13 inches.  So I wasn't able to walk yesterday (probably not today, either).  I have some excersize dvd's and will do one of those tonight in lieu of the walk. 

In closing, I'll ask that you read that paragraph above once more (in purple).  Read it for you.  Read it for your loved ones. Read it for the ones that get pissed off when you take their good parking spot-and be thankful you got it!

Adios my friends.  Until later...

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that. I tried to carry for 2 couples and both gave it one shot each. Neither cycle worked. I was devastated. Both situations involved less than perfect embryos so I knew that I still had potential. Luckily, I found a 3rd couple and it worked first try. 4th try with yet another couple worked also. Now I am working on carrying again for couple #4. I never thought that I would get to this. Those first 2 cycles killed me and the heartbreak was horrible. I wondered if something was wrong with me. I wanted to be a gestational surrogate so bad. Don't give up. You can do this. It just wasn't meant to be with this couple, unfortunately. I wish you lots of luck and message me if you ever want to chat. You will be a surrogate. You just have to find who you are meant to work with. :)

    ReplyDelete