Friday, February 4, 2011

beta beta bo beta

Yeah...in one of those kind of moods today.  Been wacky and happy all day.  Oh, and I'm drinking my first carbonated beverage since the transfer...a caffeine free diet Pepsi.  Go me!

Oh, you want to hear about the beta, eh?  Don't want to hear about my thirst quenching??  Well, fine then. :)

Had my blood draw at about 7:15 this morning...and kept my cell phone in the "loud" profile and on me from the moment I left the hospital.  Jill called around 10:00 or so with my BETA--it was 95.6!

I'm very happy with that.  Very.  That would likely indicate a singleton (which is what I wanted and I think Branden and Tracy wanted as well), but those numbers can play tricks on you as well.  I'll have another beta drawn on Monday and Wednesday and we just want to see those numbers doubling!

That number is also pretty much right smack in the median/average...and I'm 100% okay with that.  Sure, I'm an overachiever and would always like a higher number, but all I want is one healthy little bean to develop into a chunky little baby for Branden and Tracy.

My estrogen was at 257 and progesterone at 26.2, so all is well in those worlds.  I had to order more of both because my PIO expires tomorrow!  Thank you Fed Ex and your Saturday deliveries!! (I would have ordered sooner, but there would have been no sense in it if I wasn't preggo, ya know?)

So I guess you could say I'm officially pregnant!  Not like those tests didn't show that, but the beta does.  I'm beyond excited.  Happy.  Elated.  Anxious.  There's nothing more that I want than to give Branden and Tracy this gift.  No words can describe this feeling.

I'm gonna go enjoy my caffeine free diet Pepsi now :) 

7 comments:

  1. Is a beta the same as an HCG level? Probably a dumb question, but I've been through this many times and have never heard of a Beta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! Super Congrats to you, Tracey and Branden!! How exciting!!! Can't wait for the next beta! Doubling vibes!!! : ) Oh, happy you got your diet drink too! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo!!! Gotta love that blood test. There is no misunderstanding about it. Congrats to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY YAY YAY! So happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you all!! =) So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all!! :) So very happy!

    Kristal-yes, that is the hcg level :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Jesse, Branden and Tracy!

    ReplyDelete