Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Beta Numero 2.

Had my blood draw nice and early yesterday morning at...

Oh wait...can I first say YEAH PACKERS!! It's great to be in Wisconsin right now!!

Okay, sorry--had my blood draw at 7:15 and got a call from the RE's office around 10:00--my Beta (hcg) was 203!!  They want it to rise 66% every day, so I'm right on track!  I'll have another one on Wednesday and then the big ultrasound is on the 25th...sheesh that sounds so far away!!

Progesterone and estrogen levels were good also.  Happy!

I'm having a little issue with the PIO shots...they're getting harder and harder to do.  I just did one and thought I was gonna throw up-I've been on them since the 21st and have never had an issue.  They're getting painful and I'm bruising now too.  Oh, and I have a golf ball size lump on my left bum.  I asked the RE's office about it and they said that was pretty normal and to use heat on it.  So, I'm gonna try it.

I have to be on the PIO until the 12th week...and right now if I calculate correctly I'm at about 4 weeks give or take (depending on what date you use to calculate)...so 8 more weeks of PIO.  Not looking forward to that.  I mean, I'll definitely do what I have to do, but I think it's going to be a bumpy road on that one.

Anywho, I have one more beta on Wednesday!

It's a work from home day today, so I must get going :)  Later peeps.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the PIO, I too had the same problem. I got to the point of just injection one side for a week, then the next week going to the other side. That was to try to let the other side heal. Applying a heating pad for 15 minutes after the injection helps, as well as falling asleep with the heating pad at the injection site. Congrats on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do any other surrogates know what hcg number would indicate more than one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on good beta!! :) That is awesome. Sorry about the PIO shots...that totally sucks. I always iced for 5 min before the shot and heating pad afterwords and i bruised but never swelled up. You might try it. Hope it gets better..they are definitely not fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I remember those damn shots! The left side of my bum was literally numb for 3 months after I was done with the shots! Thankfully the feeling came back b/c I was freaking out! Try ice before and a heating pad after. HTH! Congrats on the beta though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Sounds like you have one nice and comfy baby in there! Good luck with the shots...I too have a lumpy bruised bum. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. A couple other pointers about the shots:
    Some people ice the area for 5-10 minutes first. I never did that, but I found it helped a lot to vary the place the shot is given as much as possible. Make sure your husband knows the entire area in which it's possible to inject, because if you go in almost the same spot repeatedly, it kills! If he varies it in the whole possible area, it's not as bad. Definitely massage the area for 2 minutes afterwards, and, yes, the heat afterwards can also help.

    ReplyDelete