Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 6...you might want to read this one.

First, I would like to apologize for not updating yesterday (on day 5).  It was a crazy day and by the time night came and I had a chance for an update, I was dead tired.  So for those that were thinking about me, THANK YOU.

When I got home from work last night around 4:00, I peed on a stick...and I got this:


If you look really closely (sorry about the glare), there is a "+" in the left box...which would mean pregnant.  Now, I didn't want to get too excited because they have these things called evap lines and that could have been that.  Plus, I hear a lot of negatives regarding the "+" tests...so I was extremely cautiously optimistic.

I slept a good night and woke up at about 3:30 and took another test and got this:




This is a "FRER" (First Response Early Result) and again, you can see a VERY light line there, right?

2 hours later I took another (an Internet cheapie) and got another light line.

So, I was confused--a line is a line, but 3 tests 12 hours apart and all were so very light.

This morning I had to run to the clinic to get a blood draw--my progesterone level was a little low yesterday (I'll post about that in a bit) so I needed a redo.  I also had to stop at the store to pick up some things...so I picked up some more tests.  As soon as I got home, I peed...and got this:


AAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!

I'm beyond excited--not for me, but for Branden and Tracy!  I'll get the BETA on Friday (to find out my hcg level), but these tests are a darn good sign!!

12 comments:

  1. Here's a big {cautiously optimistic} congrats to you and your IP's! Now if you are anything like me, you'll take a test everyday to see if that line gets any darker. ha.
    Seriously though, I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo excited for you and your IP's! Early Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Congrats! How exciting! Now we will just have to wait and see how many took! When will your first pregnancy ultrasound be? I hope your morning sickness isn't too bad - sounds like the fatigue is already kicking in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Goosebumps, goosebumps, goosebumps. I'm thinking a positive test THIS EARLY means what my postive test meant this early. Oh, man! Hang on for the ride!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! (My preggo tests with all my kids at like 2 weeks post-ovulation are still that light. You're mega-preggers.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got caught up on your blog and YAY! That is super, super exciting!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! I never got dark lines until the day before BETA - I can see your lines: so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALRIGHT!!!!!! Isn't it funny how good surros are at detecting the lightest of light positive lines?! CONGRATS to you and your IPs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats...so exciting. I can't wait to hear the confirmation!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoooHooo this is great!!!! =) CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! This is awesome news! I know you're being cautiously optimistic but like I told you before I'm going ahead and dancing a jig. You can catch up to me later. lol Stick baby(ies) stick!

    ReplyDelete