Sunday, February 20, 2011

Devotion

I had a conversation with my father yesterday about a lot of things, namely God and his role in my life.  Dad had some good points and I disagreed with some too (not going to get into all of it here because it might turn into a novel)...

One of the things my dad suggested I do is read a daily devotion book.  I have one at home and thought hey, if it would make my dad happy to know that I am reading this on a daily basis, I'm fine with it.  Plus, who knows--maybe I would get something out of it.

Of course I didn't find the book until today-strangely enough the kids were playing around in our cabinet that has all our books in it and that was one of them that they got out and were "reading".  I picked it up, turned to February 20th and read it.  And it hit me like a ton of bricks.

This isn't the whole thing, but here's the part that got me:

If your gift is giving, then give with zeal.
If your gift is helping, then help somebody!
Rather than worrying about what others are doing, figure out what God wants and go do it!

So, yeah.  That was written for me.  All the more reason to know and understand that being a surrogate is what I want and feel is in my path of life.  Thank you, Dad.

3 comments: