Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Does this bug you? Or am I weird?

Two blog posts in one day--I must be bored!

But really, I just have to say this.  I'm not bothered by a whole lot.  I've learned to take life as it's handed to me and just accept things the way they are or the way they're going to be.  It's what I have to do or else I'll go insane.

But there is something that bugged me bad this weekend.  So much so that it does warrant a mention.

I was "gassin' up" the Vue, taking in my surroundings when I saw this:

My jaw dropped.  And I distinctly remember saying "you've got to be kidding me"...to no one at all.

No, I don't really care that you're videotaping me.  Do it.  I'm not about to do anything that would find you a need to look at a tape.  Except maybe take the window washing thing and jab it in my eye.

Seriously.  I'm bothered by this.  I know my grammar isn't correct 100% of the time.  I admit that and except that (okay, I know that's the wrong form of the word "accept", but I'm just trying to be a wise ass here, people).  If I'm about to put a sign up...no wait...8 signs (there were 8 gas pumps) for everyone to see, you better be damn sure I'm going to use correct spelling and grammar.  And I think I'm going to put some responsibility on the sign-maker on this one as well.  I was in graphic design--if something doesn't look right or may not be spelled correctly, maybe you should tell your client and suggest a change. 

I ended up going inside the gas station to pay for my gas and mentioned my distraught on the poor use of the word "YOUR".  The guy behind the counter had no idea what I was talking about, nor did he seem to care.

Like I said, not a whole lot bugs me--but this one still gives me angst.

Jesse, it's a sticker on a gas pump.  Chill out.  I know--but man, this bugs me.  If anyone knows of a help group designed for people that can't deal with minute things like this, please let me know.

:)

4 comments:

  1. Haha!! I'm the same way! I'm always correcting people's grammar/spelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I correct everyone's grammer - especially in emails..drives me crazy and the two biggest ones are your and you're and their, there, and they're - get it right!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo annoying!!!! How about the "then/than" mistakes? Those drive me nuts!! I've got more then you?! Aaccckkkk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!! Things like that drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete