Friday, March 18, 2011

Just cause I'm kinda bored...

I was looking through some old photos that I have taken over the years and wanted a share a few favorites...not because they're the best photo in the world, but because they're just neat.  


I love this picture.  I love it because it is so real to me.  Just look at his expression.  All I hear him saying is "yes, dear."....all.....day....long.  It's either that or he's a complete boob.  I took this photo while in Switzerland.  I do not know these people but looking back I wish I would have sat down right next to him and learned his life story.  I'm sure it was a good one.



An "Ice Bucket" at a hotel in London.
I thought it was hilarious.  Kinda makes me feel wasteful when I fill one of those "real" ice buckets up at the Holiday Inn.


We have a place in Door County (hold your left hand out in front of you (palm facing out).  Kinda looks like Wisconsin, right?  Your thumb would be Door County.  Though this view isn't right from our window, it's close.  And still pretty awesome. 
Ah....so peaceful....until I step in the goose poop...



If you know my husband, you know he's probably one of the funniest and goofiest people you'll meet.  Regularly, he makes me laugh until I cry and I love him for that.  Some of the stuff he does, though, gets the old "eyebrow" from me...but I'm always there with the camera.  Take this, for instance.  He had this idea to have a pond dug on our property.  Luckily, he actually hired someone to dig it (God only knows what would have happened if he rented a front end loader and dug it himself).  After a few days of digging out all the dirt, it started filling up with water.  My husband, anxious to get his pond, decided to take a dip.  See above.  Normal behavior?  Perhaps...if it were a real pond and he were wearing a bathing suit. 
And here is the end product of above mentioned pond.  And we love it.


In surro news, I have a call scheduled with a social worker with the agency on Friday!  Woot Woot!  Can't wait to get this show on the road and get some babies bakin' for some deserving people (whomever that may be...).


Happy Weekend, Everyone! Enjoy what you do and enjoy who you do it with.
(and GOOD LUCK to my bud, Jeni!!!)

6 comments:

  1. 'Love the new look of your blog!

    Great post. It got me smiling, especially the first picture. Did you travel a lot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.....Jesse, you just made me tear up! Here I sit waiting for my flight at the airport...what a nice surprise to get such a nice shout out! Love, love, love the surro news!! Movin' right along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Door County. My parents live in Green Bay and last time we visited they took us there. It's like the a/c is on outside in the summer!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! You take wonderful pics, and yay for the surro news!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear the news from your phone!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear how the meeting goes! That picture from Door County is awesome.

    ReplyDelete