Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mommy got some new shoes.

I did! Really!
Check 'em out!

I've been walking nearly every day for the past 3 weeks (even when it's freaking cold out) and I'm doing about 3 miles each time.  It's been great, but I'm ready to amp it up...I've thrown in a jog here and there and though my body hates me, I'm pushing through it.  I want to start jogging even more and then eventually *gasp* start running!!

I've been wearing a pair of sneakers that I got when I was pregnant with Elliot...6 years ago.  I could be wearing a pair of British Knights and wouldn't know the difference.

I went to the New Balance store in Milwaukee this afternoon and the chick that helped was a total narbladoid.  She could have cared less I was gonna drop a Benjamin on some rubber with laces.  But, I found what I wanted at the store, wrote it down and then left and ordered the shoes online...for nearly half price!!

So, I'm excited to get them, to use them and to start running!



And since this is a "Surrogacy Journey" and I've not updated anything on that lately, I'll give you a taste--I applied at an agency and everything is going fairly well. I haven't been "accepted" yet, but hopefully all will be good!  I was in medical record purgatory for the past few weeks, but I think I finally have everything the agency needs.  As I get more updates, I will surely share! :)

Adios Amoebas.


(ya'll remember British Knights, right??)

6 comments:

  1. Oh British Knights.....I believe I owned a pair and proudly sported them with my jean overalls and a few pairs of matching socks. Good times my friend! Running?!?! You ROCK!!!! I ran at one point in my life....to the mailbox....and only because it was frickin' cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google "Couch to 5K" for a great, very doable program to get you from walking to running. -WDK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! I hope I will still have enough will power to exercise after I'm pregnant, lol. ANd glad to hear things are moving along on the surrogacy front, aren't those med recs the hardest thing to get a hold of sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. I remember the BK's. I also had a fondness for L.A. Gear. I LOVED those puppies with my pegged pants and not one, but two pairs of matching socks worn over the jeans complete with a matching scrunchie on the wrist. Ah, the good old days...

    Just out of curiosity, what agency are you applying with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeni-you crack me up!
    Whit-thanks for that! I've printed out the info!
    Krystal-those med requests were nearly impossible! I think I've got them all now-whew!
    Heidi-I applied at 2, actually. First, Growing Generations, but never heard back from them. Now, Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm proud of you for all your walking and now starting to jog. My body doesn't seem to know the meaning of that word. It wants to either walk or sprint. I'd love to be able to run too.

    ReplyDelete