Friday, April 1, 2011

MMPI

I did it.  I took the MMPI.  And I laughed.

It was very "techy" how they made this work...basically it was me and Dr. H (psychologist) logged into a WebEx meeting.  I "took control" of her computer and took the 338 questionnaire (all true/false) while she "watched" me on my web-cam.  I kinda forgot she was there for a bit...I hope I didn't pick my nose...

Yes, I laughed as I got to some of the questions.  I'm not sure how you couldn't.

Here were some memorable questions:  (remember, this was true/false)

  • I think I would like the work of a librarian
  • I am troubled by attacks of nausea and vomiting
  • At times I feel like swearing
  • If people had not had it in for me I would have been much more successful
  • I see things or animals or people around me that others do not see
  • I am very seldom troubled by constipation (my personal fav)
And sure enough, Jeni, I had a nice little chuckle at the "do you ever smell peculiar things" question.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope I passed.  I can't see why I wouldn't have...so I'll be on pins and needles until I hear for sure.  I mean, some of the questions like "I get angry sometimes" I answered as a true.  Not becuase I'm a psychotic a-hole who's pissed off all the time...but becuase there are some instances where I might get angry for whatever reason.  I'm human.  Have I ever used a sharp object to get my way? Notsomuch. 

Dr. H said the test would take between 30-45 minutes.  I was done in about 20.  I hope that wasn't a red flag. 

She said she'd send the results to the agency on Monday...so I guess I wait :)


In non-surro news, my baby (London) went pee and poop on the potty today!!!! YAAAAHOOOO!!  She'll be 2 in May, so this is very early for us (my other kiddos were over 3 when they were trianed).

And cause she's so cute....



Jogging:  I didn't do Week 1, Day 3 today--cruddy day on the work front, so I'll do it tomorrow. :)  I'm thinking cocktails are in order instead of jogging today.

I hope you all have a fantastical weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting through the MMPI!! Fun times, huh??!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay London!! What a big girl!! And yay Mommy for not picking her nose during the MMPI!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if those questions, like "I get angry sometimes," were just to make sure you were being honest. I think you were right just to answer truthfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What agency are you working with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea-I'm working with Circle Surrogacy right now. I've been really impressed with everything so far! E-mail me (jesserulli@yahoo.com) if you want to chat about it! :)

    ReplyDelete