Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh what a night...

And I'm not talking about the Four Seasons song...that was the Four Seasons, right?  Or Frankie Valley? Or both?  Hmmm....

It was a heck of a night on Saturday.

As you know from my previous post, I was going to drive a limo.  Note the word "was".

I packed the kids up in the car to take them to my mother-in-law's house--she planned on watching them overnight while the hub and I drove.

I hung out at her place for a bit before I had to leave for my run-which was at 9:00 pm.  I hopped in the limo and noticed the car smelled like gas.  I chalked it up to the fact that I had just filled up and maybe I got some on my shoes...

Yeah....not so much.

The smell was nauseating.  So bad, in fact, that I drove with the window down...and it was 30 degrees out.  I called the hubster and he asked that I pull off the road and see if I notice anything wrong.  I found a gas-station, pulled in and got out of the car.  Didn't notice anything on the drivers side, but when I moved to the passenger side, I saw what was "wrong".  A nice little leak from the gas line.  No, not a little leak.  A big leak. 

I immediately shut the car off and called Jesse.  "We've got a problem" I said and proceeded to tell him what was up.  Fortunately, he had a break in the run he was doing, so he started heading my way. 

While he was coming to my rescue, I called the customer I was supposed to be driving and gave him the news.  And I cried because I felt so terrible about it.  Needless to say, he wasn't all that happy and I don't blame him.  I even tried calling a few other limo companies to see if they could help out and everyone was booked up (there were a few prom's in Milwaukee last night).  I still feel so bad--and I hope that he understands that this was totally out of our control. 

Jesse got there and assessed the situation.  Long story short, we got the limo back to my mother-in-law's house and I waited there until he was done with his run (1:00 am).  Then, I drove the bus home and he drove the gas-leaking beast home--he actually made it home without having to stop.  It leaked a little less than half a tank getting home (about 60 miles).  But, we made it.

And if you're interested, here's the issue:  When a coach builder stretches a car, they basically take a car (in this case a Lincoln Town Car) and cut it in half, stretch it and then put it back together.  And they cheap out on everything when they put all the guts together.  Limos are notorious for fuel line leaks and a plethora of other things.  So, unfortunately this wasn't the first time this had happened to one of our cars.  It was the first time to this particular one, but we've been through this about 5 times with all the other limos he's owned (since I've known him).

Side note:  Jesse spoke with Mike (the limo renter) this evening and ironed it all out--he offered a 3 hour run at no charge for him, including tip.  This is why I love my husband-not only is he a good hubby, but he's a good business man and always does the right thing.


So, that was my Saturday.  I was happy that I was able to enjoy a nice episode of SNL and was so impressed by Elton John.  Not only did he give a small little shout out to his surro, but he was hilarious--not something I expected.  Did you watch?  If not, I HIGHLY recommend trying to find it online somewhere...if anything, make sure you watch the women's shot put on ESPN classic skit.  I'm still laughing.


I didn't hear back from the agency today.  So, either they're absolutely disgusted that I didn't pass the MMPI and don't want to tell me--or they didn't get the results back yet and have no updates.  I'm hoping it's the latter.  :) 

And finally, I started Week 2 of the Couch to 5K program today.  Yowsa!  This week is alternating 90 seconds of jogging and 2 minutes of walking.  I very well may have thrown out a few F bombs while I was jogging today. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that does sound like QUITE a night!! Sorry it was so eventful! :( Good for you for sticking to the C25K program!! I look forward to hearing your results and how you feel about it! Hope you get an update from the agency soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a crazy night! I'm glad you're okay though, a gas leak is kinda scary.
    And I'm sure you'll hear from the agency soon, if I can pass the MMPI ANYONE can pass, lol!

    ReplyDelete