Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thanks


There will forever be people that I need to thank on a daily basis. I’m a huge fan of the “thank you” and find myself saying it often. I don’t say it just because. I say it because I mean it. My step mother taught me at a very young age to always write a thank you note for anything I deem appropriate. I’m not saying there aren’t a few I missed along the way, but I still do this. I do it not only for birthday’s and Christmas, but for dinner at a friend’s house or to a staff member that does a good job-to my clients for entrusting their business with me and to my mom for being her.


I wanted to take this time to thank a few people. In doing this, I don’t want you to think I’m forgetting about you if your name isn’t mentioned below. I am truly blessed and thankful for everyone that walks through my life, whether it’s in person or via the computer. So I’m not trying to say that these people are more important than anyone else, but I’d like to publicly thank the people below.
 In no particular order…


Mom
The likelihood that my mom will ever read this blog is slim (no computer access at the nursing home) but I want the world to know how much I am thankful for her. She had 2 major strokes but is still the most witty and awesome woman I know. Thanks, mom, for being you.


Jesse (the hubster)
My husband is pretty cool. We’ve been married for nearly 10 years and I’m thankful for every minute of that. Sometimes he’s annoying, sometimes he ticks me off—but there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t look at him and Thank God that he entered my life.


Cole
My Styx girl. Cole and I met on the internet while we were planning our weddings…and I don’t think there’s a week that goes by that we don’t have some sort of communication. She lives in another state and we try to see each other at least once a year, if not twice. I love this girl. Drama free and oh so awesome.


Kelly
Kelly is my STEP-cousin. I emphasize step and laugh as I do it. (long story). Not only is Kelly family (not by blood, mind you LOL), but she’s also an amazing friend. Kelly and I grew up together and I couldn’t be happier about that. Kelly is now preggo with her first child and the amount of happiness I have for her and her husband is not even measurable. Kelly-thank you for having the parents you do-otherwise we may not have been forced to hang out! LOL


Whitni
Whit and I met the first day of college, 1997. Never have I known anyone to have a sense of humor like Whitni does. I’m ever so thankful that we became friends and have remained friends. Family life often gets in the way of visits with Whit, but thankfully I’ll get to see her soon. Oh, and she’s got a fantastic blog—you should seriously read it. Whitni might be the best writer I’ve ever read. I wish she’d write a book some day….Whitni's Blog 


Jeni
Jeni is my “ling-lost” BFF (LOL!). I’ve never met Jeni in person, but she’s awesome. Way awesome. She’s a surro and is preggo for set of IF’s. Am I happy for her and her IF’s—WAAAAAY so. She’s got a blog too-you should check it out: Jeni's Blog


T & H (my new IF’s)
Thank you, T & H, for allowing me to be on this journey with you. I can’t tell you how excited I am and am looking forward to each step of this amazing experience.


Again, I want you all (not just the people listed above, but ALL of you) to know that I am thankful for each person that enters my life. Truly. I have an amazing life and know some pretty awesome people. Without you all I don’t know what I would do.

THANK YOU.


1 comment:

  1. If it weren't for the fact that I am laughing hysterically about the "ling lost", (never did a typing error have so much meaning), I would be sobbing! You're awesome Jesse, and I feel so grateful that we were able to "meet"! Soon, my friend...very soon....we will meet in person and have ourselves a good 'ol time!

    ReplyDelete