Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Zenity

What craziness my life has been lately.  Someone slow this ride down, please!

I can't really pinpoint what it is that has changed.  I can't figure out why, all of a sudden, I feel not quite out of control, but not in that zen little place I've visited before.  I'm hovering between Zen and Insanity....thus I've now coined the term "zenity".  That's where I am.

On the surro front, I've got really no news.  I know the guys are still deciding on an egg donor and that should hopefully be done very soon.  I spoke with my journey coordinator (Emily) today and she more or less explained the process again to me, this time in more detail.  I am expecting some information as it relates to contracts soon and also am watching for information from CFA (Connecticut Fertility Associates--that's the clinic we'll be using for the med screening and transfer) to plan my med screening trip.  Other than that, I've not had a whole lot of contact with T & H.  I imagine choosing an egg donor is an insanely important process in itself and I don't want to be the "annoying surro" bugging them to see how they're doing.

My kids have been a little on the crazy side lately.  They just seem uber "needy" lately--more than usual.  I think it's because we've all been so cooped up in the house due to our wild weather and they've not had real good opportunities to let loose outside.  I'm hoping Wisconsin will show us something in the realm of a spring reality soon so they can get some much needed play time outdoors.  The gigantic trampoline is calling their names...

The limo business is crazy.  Nutso.  When I work from home, my husband and I sit across from each other in our home office and I kid you not, his phone rings no less than 20 times a day.  I can't carry on a conversation with him because the phone interrupts it.  I'm not complaining, believe me.  To see a business thrive, especially one that's not a necessity to people, is a blessing to us.

My job is on the "aaaack" end too.  I have a to-do list that I put together every morning and today, I ran out of paper for my list.  Every time I cross one thing off, 5 more get added.  Again, I'm not complaining, just venting.  I love my job and wouldn't change it for the world, I just wish that I could sometime feel like I've accomplished something.  *sigh*

I finished week 4 of the Couch to 5K program today.  I can't believe I was complaining about week 1.  I WILL do this.  I WILL finish this.  I may even sign up for a 5K....we'll see...

And my total randomness thing of the day: You have to try this.  Do it.  Come to my house and I'll make you something with it.  My mother-in-law introduced me to this about a year ago and I always have a bottle on hand.  It's super yummy...not quite a "mustard" as the bottle says, but just a really good bar-b-quey/mustardy/spicy yumness.

3 comments:

  1. Keep hangin' on! Take it one day at a time! Things will become more normal soon! Call if you need anything (even if it's just to vent)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts...LOL I feel the same about my daughter being needy and lists at work keep getting longer!!! UGH! And Famous Daves is the best BBQ and this sauce is soooooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete