Monday, May 9, 2011

Age is just a number, right?


But what if you're an idiot?

I discovered something yesterday. For the past 6 months I’ve thought I was something I am not.  If you would have asked me how old I was, my answer would have been “31”. Done.

At my daughter’s birthday party, I got to talking with some of my guests and through conversation discovered that I’m not 31. I’m 32.

Crap.

I know my birth date, I even know the year I was born—think I ever did the math? Apparently not.

Crap again.

So, if you’ve asked me my age over the past 6 months and I told you I was 31, I lied. I didn’t lie because I wanted to be younger than I really am. Nope, I did it because I’m a complete nincompoop.


5 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I used to lie on purpose and say I was 29.. For like, YEARS.. to the point where I didn't know my real age for a while.. Atleast yours wasn't on purpose! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I totally get that. I never remember how old I am, anymore. It only gets worse as you get into your 30's. I literally have to subtract the year from 1976 quickly to remember how old I am. Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So see!!!! I'm not THAT much older than you after all!!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total nerd-ball!!! But, I can relate. I sometimes have to really think about how old I am when someone asks. We, as moms, are so used to telling people how old our children are, that our own age gets aways from us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the same thing! My bday was in April and I asked the hubby how he felt about being married to a 32yr old....to which he kindly replied. "Hon, you're turning 31." Showing my age already, ha!

    ReplyDelete