Saturday, May 7, 2011

[ih-moh-shuh-nl]

I cried today.  While I was running.


I am on week 6 of the Couch to 5K program. 


Instead of using my handy go-to "running" playlist on my iPod, I decided to dare the unknown and head down the "shuffle" path.  This is dangerous for me.  I have roughly 2700 songs on it.  Some of which I like, some of which I have to keep giving myself mental reminders to delete that one.  Regardless, I have a lot of music on it.


So, I'm into the 2nd leg of my run and I happened upon a song that I truly don't think I've heard in years.  In fact, I don't think this song even has a title.  In my iPod it's listed as "September 11th Tribute".  Not a good song to run too, but I heard it out. And then I cried.


I don't even think I can call it a song.  It's basically kind of a song, but mainly has voice overs in it-most of George W.  Some of interviews with people.  It's pretty heavy. 


I'm not sure why I didn't just hit the little arrow button on the right to move onto the next song.  I just felt a need to listen to it.


The part that hit me was when I heard the George W. voice over give this quote: "Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done."


I don't know-I guess in light of the recent news of Osama's death, I just felt this overwhelming feeling of....I don't know what.  I can't explain it.  All I know is that I cried while I was running.  It was odd.  But okay in some weird way.

After the song was done, I wiped my eyes and moved on.  And then I put a smile on my face because the next song was...well, here you go:
Hope you're smiling!


PS-I actually saw them in concert.  July 5th, 1989.

3 comments:

  1. Awww...I don't like hearing that your crying...for ANY reason! And for Pete's sake! Who has the energy to cry while running?! Unless you're "crying" for help....like a ride back home (if it was me!)

    And I'm curious...how did Milli Vanilli sound live in concert? I'll bet they didn't miss a beat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Look at that!! I misused a "your" in that comment!! That was just for you, my friend...just for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, Milli Vanilli - i was so sad to hear that they were lip singing....LOL I think I cried then! Sometimes we need that "lil" reminder of 9/11 - sorry you cried and I'm with Jeni...I don't think I could have cried while running!

    ReplyDelete