Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rap

So I drove a limo on Saturday night--for a prom, nonetheless.  As you know, "chauffeur" is a title I carry behind many others.  Not my favorite job; but, I love my husband and I love his ability to run a successful business so I did him a favor and drove the 10 passenger biggie.  (okay, maybe it was a favor to me, too because mommy got a new Coach bag!! Pics to come soon)

Anywho...

A group of prom kids had booked the limo from 6-9 pm.  So, I figured I'd pick them up, they'd go to dinner, maybe stop at a few houses for pictures and I'd drop them off. Nope.  When I had picked them up, they had already eaten, had already had the parents drooling over them.  All they wanted to do was drive around for 3 hours.  Fun. 

Boooooooooriiiinnnggggggg.

Before I picked them up, I was talking with the dad of one of the "kids". (I can call them kids, right, because I'm over 30??).  He specifically told me this was going to be a pretty rowdy group--I said as long as I didn't have a champagne glass hit me in the back of my head, I'd be fine.

They weren't rowdy per say, but here's what they were.  Rappers.  Now, I had 8 girls and 2 guys.  They were all dressed really nice, hair and nails done, dresses likely from the Juniors department at Sears; seemed like "good kids".  As soon as one of the broke out the iPod, my jaw dropped.  I think they downloaded 800 songs with "mother f*&#er" repeated 1800 times in the lyrics.  And they ALL knew ALL the words!  It was like I was getting my own little high school version of DMX takes on Chris Brown.

There is some rap that I'm okay with. That I like, in fact.  But I guess I was a little taken aback by the "angelic" look to these kids belting out something about blow jobs...

Note to self: look into homeschooling my children.

Anyway, I ended up dropping them off a half hour early.  And then I turned on MY iPod and drove home with Enya.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I nearly peed myself reading this post! You are absolutely hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love reading your posts. Soooo friggin funny!!!

    ReplyDelete