Friday, June 17, 2011

Hurry up….and wait…then hurry up again…and wait…

That’s surrogacy in a nutshell.


"Help! I'm in a nutshell! How did I get into this bloody great big nutshell? What kind of shell has a nut like this?" Name that movie.

Anywho, my dear AF decided she didn’t want to show her face for me this month. So, I e-mailed the clinic (CFA) to see what, if anything, they/I could do about it. They sent me in for some blood work.

And the e-mail I got yesterday from the clinic was “It does not look like you’re going to get your period any time soon”.

Huh? What the heck?  AF-she's a mean one!

So, I was instructed to start my birth control pills last night and got some dates to schedule the med screening!

I’m in a bind at the moment because the dates they gave me are dates that I can’t seem to coordinate anyone to watch my kidlets. So, my weekend will be spent searching for someone. Ho hum.  If any one of you is down with watching 3 little angels for a 24 hour period in late June, let me know.  You'll be compensated nicely.

And yes, if you’re wondering, the idea of “could she be pregnant” did enter my mind too. And then it flew right back out of my mind. No, I haven’t tested. I will. But I’m about 807% sure that I’m not packing heat. That chapter is closed in my life. Do I want to be pregnant? Absolutely…for my IF’s.  And yes, precautionary measures are taken to ensure that I have no more babies in my home.  I'll keep y'all posted.

3 comments:

  1. Think Cirlce would reimburse a flight from Denver to Wisconsin? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is your fertility clinic? Down here in Milwaukee? If it is, you can absolutely drop your kids off at my house. I'm right off the highway. Email me if you think that might work. I'm not insane. Ann (Williams) Chen can be my reference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I are in the SAME boat. I'm still waiting on AF to come. She's late. It's 40 days today, since the beginning of my last cycle. :( Negative prego test. I have my med screening scheduled for NEXT Friday, July 1st.

    ReplyDelete