Tuesday, June 14, 2011

O Creative Ones....I need your help!

When you own 3 stretch limos, you own lots of champagne and rock glasses.

Lots.

(Why people even dare to use these glasses is just beyond me.

Joking.)

After a typical weekend, we're I am usually washing all the glasses to get them ready for the next weekend. I don't usually count them, but it seems like I'm washing (HAND washing because our dishwasher is piece of crap) for hours.  Okay, that exaggerating, but I wash a lot of glasses.

Here's where we need your help:

Can you please come over and wash champagne glasses for me??

Ha Ha.  I'm kidding.
(maybe)

We don't have a good way to transport the glasses around--from the limo to the house and then back again.  We also don't have a good way to store the glasses (typically we have at least one extra set, washed and ready to go, in each limo because they're usually out doing multiple runs per day).

We need a way to transport and store 8 champagne and 8 rock glasses.

Here's our current set-up (and we do the same for rock glasses):
Not horrible, right?  That's 2 boxes of glasses (they come in a set of 4), duct taped together. (seriously, that stuff does work for anything!!)  This also allows us to put napkins in the glasses (which is important).

But, after some time, they look like this:

Yeah.

Your mission:  please-help us figure out a way to transport 8 champagne and 8 rock glasses at a time (with napkins in them)!

If your idea works best for us, I'll hook you up with some Wisconsin cheese or something. 

THANKS!!  Now, get creative!

(if you'd prefer not to use the blog comment feature for your idea, please e-mail me at jesserulli@yahoo.com).  I'll still hook you up if I like your idea. :)

4 comments:

  1. How about a Christmas ornamant storage box like this.

    http://www.usphome.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=80376&catid=1016

    The center divide comes out so you can store 18 tall glasses. Good luck on your search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you an email with a few I found online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda pricey cause you will need two, but this might work and will last a long time, so the investment might be worth it.

    http://www.missionrs.com/C32P1.html?CAWELAID=610130889&gclid=CKKysfeju6kCFeUbQgodPm2j-w

    OR THIS

    http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID=6705

    MY FAV.....IF YOU CAN FIND IT OR MAYBE MAKE SOMETHING SIMILAR

    http://remodelista.com/posts/accessories-birchwood-tool-carrier

    ReplyDelete
  4. OR, something like this too...

    http://www.alltradetools.com/catalog/tool-storage/547-870116-snap-on-21-car-trunk-tool-carrier.html

    You can stack the 8 rock glasses together (4 on bottom, 4 on top) separated by plexy (sp?) glass or wood, and then the remaining 8 champagne classes can line up nicely. Looks like there would be enough room in this tote maybe!?!?

    Let me know when you're ready for my address to send me some of that yummy Wisconsin CHEESE!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete