Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Twilight

So, a couple months ago I noticed that the first Twilight movie was going to be on TV. Since I was in need of a good movie to watch, I figured I’d DVR the thing and watch it some day.

A couple days after I DVR’d it I watched it.

And now I’m obsessed.

I never jumped on the Twilight bandwagon when it was cool. I rebelled against it. I figured it was a teeny bopper kind of thing that I would never be into.

Wrong.

So wrong.

After I watched the first movie, I ran (literally) to the library to get the second one. If they didn’t have it, I did have Plan B ready to go (immediately drive to the 24 hour Wal-Mart and buy it). Fortunately, my library had it—so I watched it. And loved it.

My friend Paula became equally as obsessed with the movies as I did-and she was smart. She bought them all. So, I borrowed the third one from her. And I loved that too.

Ah…Edward.

My friend Cole called me a few weeks ago in prep for her trip to FL with her family. She asked if I recommended any books she should get for her trip. Since I had always heard that the Twilight books were better than the movie, I told her to try that and let me know what she thought.

I couldn’t wait for her review.

I ran to the library again and got the first book. I read it in 2 days.

Then I got the 2nd, 3rd and 4th and read all of them in the span of 2 weeks.

(Cole read them as fast as I did-and she’s hooked too)

Yes, the books are better than the movies (in my opinion). However, the eye candy in the films is definitely worth the watch. I *may* have just borrowed all 3 movies from Paula and I *may* watch them all again.

And again.

Edward.

And I nearly just added a countdown for the 4th movie to my blog. That’s how excited I am.  Don't be surprised if you see one pop up somewhere.

My name is Jesse and I’m addicted to Twilight.

Oh crap, I can't help myself....


Twilight Breaking Dawn

9 comments:

  1. I agree. *Edward* The books are better than the movies! *Edward* But I don't care how good your imagination is. *Edward* You can never imagine *Edward* as beautiful as he is on film! *Edward*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see if this works :) I did not even know (as your co-worker) you were watching the movies as I have all of them and am obsessed as well. Now I have got to read the books, as I have not yet started them. If you need to share the obsession with another obsessed fan, I will stand in line with you at the movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm counting down to Twilight too.. Also, I saw you're having an October transfer too.. Good luck! My surrogate's transfer is in October.. I look forward to keeping up with your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing! I watched the first movie and liked it, so I read the book and I was instantly hooked! I read the whole series in a month. I don't like the movies nearly as much compared to the books, but I'll probably be in line with all the teenagers at the opening of Breaking Dawn! :) I would highly recommend you read The Hunger Games Series. I loved those even more than Twilight and they're making movies of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, too funny that we had this experience exactly simultaneously. My kids and house are really dirty on account of the two weeks I just spent in Forks. Ah, Edward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I heartily second the recommendation on The Hunger Games...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! I still haven't watched the movies, but my girls are addicted to them as well. Maybe I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the Twilight Series - I've read all the books through maybe 4 or 5 times and I fall asleep to the first movie every night... (it's my "comfort" background noise!) :D I haven't watched the other movies in awhile, maybe time for a movie marathon... :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I'm just as obsessed. I didn't like the first movie much but the next two. LOVE! Team Edward here but let me say, Jacob is looking might fine in Eclipse. Yum! Actually I just emailed Sarah asking if I can keep Eclipse to watch again. :)

    I agree with your friend Kelli. Read the Hunger Games. I'm about to re-read those again and you know I don't re-read books. Like ever. I bought the first on amazon for $4.24. Go! Do it!

    ReplyDelete