Thursday, July 7, 2011

Very Superstitious


Okay, not very superstitious, but I just have the song in my head.

So, are you superstitious?

Am I? Yes. Not over-the-top superstitious, but I’ve been known to raise an eyebrow here and there.

I remember in college, if I did well on a test or a paper, I’d usually keep the particular pen I used and think it had some magical power to make me do well. Little did I know, I think it all had to do with the amount of alcohol I consumed the night before—but let’s just run with the pen theory, shall we?

And then there's the 444 as well as the feathers thing I've got going on.  Not sure if that would be classified as superstition, but we'll roll with it.

My husband approached me yesterday with the same “are you superstitious” question. We chatted a bit and I learned of a superstition he has, which I’m amused by.

When he books a limo run, he keeps the reservation information in a clear plastic sheet cover, to protect it. Whenever he has any sort of issue when a particular limo is out doing a run, he immediately throws that plastic sheet cover away as soon as the car is home. Bad plastic karma. He actually was a little embarrassed by this and I said that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it.

So, I don’t think being superstitious is a bad thing. In fact, I think it’s kinda cool.

Care to share yours?


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! I'm not superstitious with anything EXCEPT my kids sleep. Whenever I say they sleep well, I knock on wood!

    ReplyDelete