Thursday, August 18, 2011

10 years...help!!!

Okay blog readers, I need your help!

You were all so awesome with my champagne glass dilemma (of which I never really told you what we ended up doing, did I?) I need your help again, please!

In a little more than a months time, my husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary.






Sorry, I just needed to pick myself up off the floor there for a second.

10 years.  I have no idea how I put up with him for so long!!

Bwahahahah

Anyway, what on Earth do I get him/do for him?

We've never been ones to follow the "rules" of anniversaries (certain colors or gemstones) so I don't need to stick with anything traditional.

Many months ago we talked about doing a trip to Italy for our anniversary; but, with the new journey I'm on, that trip was put on the back-burner.  We still might do it, but it wouldn't be until after I get preggo and have the baby(ies).

Here are some things I thought of (mind you, some of these aren't horribly romantic, but practical--which you can do after 10 years of marriage, right??)
  • 2-3 day "getaway", not far from home, without the kids (issues include: having to do it during the week (due to limo stuff), finding someone to watch kids, taking time off work)
  • New TV for the bedroom
  • Buy him a live lobster and cook it for him, along with other seafood goodies (I'm allergic, but I could sport some fancy gloves and make the stuff....I think....)
  • Rent a limo (maybe one of ours, maybe some other company) and do a nice "night on the town"
We kinda talked about not really getting each other anything, but come on.  I have to.  It's 10 years.  (though I know having me as his wife is gift enough)

Hee Hee

Anyway, do you guys have ANY other suggestions for me?  I'm thinking $200-$300 tops.

And PS-I'm preeeeeety sure he doesn't read my blog, so I'm safe with this.

Thanks, guys!! I look forward to hearing your suggestions!! If you don't want to post them in the comments section, e-mail me at jesserulli {at} yahoo {dot} com.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.......

    I'm going to have to give this one some thought...

    After all, the man is slightly spoiled and probably still reeling from his birthday!

    I'll get back to ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the night out on the town idea personally :) Get a babysitter for the kids make it an overnight trip and I think he would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't a trip to visit great friends in Kentucky sound amazing? No? Well then I suggest the mini getaway if you can plan it. What about a bed and breakfast type place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take him to the scene of the crime. Tell him you're going out to dinner and surprise him with a room at the Osthoff for the night. If you want, I can have the Big Guy come serenade you for old times sake, and I'll cram into my bridesmaid dress and come scream and act like an ass, just to set the scene correctly.

    ReplyDelete