Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Good News/Bad News-Surrogacy Related!

Which would you like first?  The good news or bad news?

I've always been a fan of the bad news first...that way you can get the crap out of the way and have something to look forward to.

So, the bad news it is:  the transfer has been pushed back to early November.  Not the end of the world--it's only a couple weeks later than we had anticipated; but, it's still later.  Bummer.  My understanding is it has to do with the egg donor and wanting her to wait a bit longer between cycles (or something to that affect).

BUT....

The good news is that little miss egg donor has proven herself!  As I mentioned in a previous post, her last "donation" produced 25 eggs.  Now, I'm not sure how many of those actually fertilized, but I was just made aware that 2 of those little eggies have turned into a confirmed twin pregnancy!  Yay!

And because I'm a "glass half full" kind of girl, here are some other positives on this little bit of news:
  • Because the transfer is pushed back, the celibacy portion of the agreement will be pushed back. (yay!)
  • I hear NYC is beautiful in November.
  • Just when I will be getting ready to transfer, my dear friend Jeni will be getting ready to deliver her surro twins!
  • I get a delay in poking myself with needles!
As the great REO Speedwagon once said...ROLL WITH THE CHANGES!




4 comments:

  1. Bummer! But I'm glad you're lookin' at the positive side though. By the time I'm FINALLY off of bedrest, you'll be getting knocked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on getting the crappy news over with. I am loving your glass half full attitude! The timing will be perfect! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you be upset after listening to REO? I had to laugh at Kevin's big dark hair there since he's had such a drastic change the other way these days. Nothing drastic on your change though, just a tiny setback. Yay on the twin news from the egg donor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll all turn out to have been meant to be the way it is. Keep looking at the bright side!

    ReplyDelete