Monday, August 29, 2011

I will quit bitching...right after this blog post...

Okay, here’s the situation:



Ha ha.

Anyway, here’s my nutshell (help, I’m in a nutshell) recap on what’s going on:

Bounce House: We had a birthday party for my son yesterday (he’s turning 6 on Wednesday). We rented a bounce house. And a tent. And tables and chairs. Though the party was a blast and went off without any problems or issues, it was a lot of prep (and money) for us. Did my son have a great time?? Absolutely. And that’s what matters. Done bitching.

Chrome: My limo man hubby purchased a horribly ugly wheelchair van in April.  And by ugly, I mean it--rusty, no interior, etc...He immediately took it to his “body guy” (oooh…that sounds kinky) and said “do your magic, I need it ready to rent in July”. July was nearly 2 months ago and he just picked up “Party Bus 2” 4 days ago. Body guy did a really nice job with it (will do before/after pics for you some day--and yes, there's a ton of chrome involved), but it just took way too long (excuse was the replacement window (where the wheelchair lift was) didn’t come in quick enough). Because Jesse told him it needed to be done in July, he had it booked out since then (his mistake, yeah, we know). So, he’s lost a crapload of money. But, it will be ready to rent by this weekend, so all will be fine. Done bitching.

Tattling: My kids tattle on each other WAY too much and it’s driving me crazy. Done bitching.

Laundry Soap: If there were a contest to see how much laundry a family does on a given week, I know I would win that trophy, hands down. Seriously, I have no clue why I have to fold 7 loads of laundry every other day. (okay, that’s exaggerating a little bit (only a little), but you get my point). My life is consumed by the endless need for clean clothing. Done bitching.

103: This, my friends, is the average number of e-mails I get on a daily basis (work related). Not “most”…it’s the average number. This is probably the main reason why I’m stressed. I love my job very much, I just feel like I’m trying to swim to the top and can’t quite get there. And we haven’t even hit 4th quarter yet, which is our busiest time of year. I’ll get through it, it’s just going to be painful. A nice big bottle of Pitron* in my desk drawer may help. Done bitching.

I truly feel awful for complaining. I look at my life and thank God every day for everything I have. There are so many people out there that have less than I do, so why should I be “all that” and bitch about nearly every aspect, right? Yeah, that’s right. So, I’ll stop now. Thank you for “listening”.

On to bigger and better things, right?  I'll be turning a year older in a few days, so I will use that as my "quit your bitching" timeline.  I also have much to look forward to...like getting knocked up!!  No updates on that, but things will start rolling soon!

*For those of you that I may work with, the whole Pitron thing is just a joke…

...maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Whew, hope you feel better getting it all out! Everyone needs to let it out and vent here and there. I'm here for ya, ALWAYS! I wish I could have been there to help you with the party. I am sorry but I'm not helping with the 103 emails. Can't you delegate some of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitch away, my dear. That's what we're here for :)

    ReplyDelete