Thursday, August 11, 2011

Put On A Happy Face...

It doesn't take a whole lot to make me smile.  For the past 24 hours, I made a mental note of some things around me that put a smile on my face.  Here are a few:

(these are besides the obligatory "my family makes me smile" notables)

I was working from home today and decided to take a bonafied "lunch break"--which I normally don't do.  I switched on the TV and decided to check out what was on Cinemax (it's free with DirecTV this weekend-yahoo--that's enough to make one smile!!)  To my delight, I saw Wayne's World was on.  I smiled. 

I looked over at our beach today and thought to myself "those Adirondack chairs, though very plastic, are quite cute.  I did good"  I smiled.

Yesterday I told Elliot we needed to make a grocery list.  He said he wanted to help and proceeded to tell me what we needed to get.  I told him he needed to make the list--with a little spelling help from me, he handed this to me.  I smiled.


I'm happy to live in a world where Mario and Luigi can have a picnic on some stairs with Kermit and Minnie Mouse and not have issues.  I smiled.

Do I need to explain?  Perma smile.



:)

The grammar snob that I am, this made me smile.  A lot.


If you haven't smiled today, now would be a good time.
Enjoy it!

No, this is not an advertisement for Wal-Mart...

4 comments:

  1. I loved the picnic scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts make ME smile, Jesse! Every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post!! It made me SMILE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get to see your mom everyday at work now....she always makes me smile too :) And she can do a mean crossword!

    ReplyDelete