Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lupron, oh Lupron....

How I really don't love thee.  At all.

I've been injecting 10 units of Lupron into my belly since October 8th.  A measly 11 days.  Yet, the headaches I have make it feel like I've injected an entire gallon 3 times a day.  Okay, that's gross, sorry.  But the deal is I have had a pretty-much constant headache in the front of my forehead for 10 days straight.  Not fun.

Here's the good news:  I had my first monitoring appointment today!  They wanted to make sure my ovaries were suppressed.  Well, they were!  So, as of today I start Estrogen pills (Estrace) and I get to decrease my Lupron to 5 Units!! 

Please help me and pray to the Lupron Gods that my headaches go away due to this little med change.  I thank you.

The next step is to stay on this little salad of medications until the egg retrival! 

I think I can safely say we're about a month away from transfer! 

7 comments:

  1. omg i can't believe you're on estrace already!!! ahhhh almost transfer time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lupron Gods-

    My Ling Lost has enough stress in her life like, oh, you know, gazebos blowing away. I request that you please relieve her of any and all headaches. If not, you should know that I'll be coming after you with some 8 months pregnant with twins whoop-ass.

    Your friend,
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I hope those headaches subside soon for you, my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you need a "calgon, take me away, moment/prayer"...hang in there. it's all for good/great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, Lupron is made by Satan, I swear! Hope the estrogen helps out with all the crappy headaches. Just a few more weeks, then you'll be knocked up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lupron SUCKS!!!! That is all!! LOL Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your headaches subside soon!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete