Monday, October 31, 2011

Takin' the limo...to get free candy.

I do love Halloween. 

Sure, I like seeing my kids all dressed up in cute costumes and I enjoy the time spent walking down the sidewalk with my husband while they go door to door begging for candy. 

But that's not why I love it.

I love it because I have, at my disposal, three huge bags full of candy to choose from.  Three.

I was digging through Elliot's bag tonight (he seems to always get the good stuff-I taught him well) and he said "mom, that's my candy!".  And I, the perfect and caring mom I am, replied "kid, I birthed you.  I'm entitled to some of your chocolaty treats".

And somehow he understood what I was saying and handed over the bag willingly.

We actually kind of cheated this year.  We went Trick-or-Treating 2 days.  First, we went in my mother-in-law's neighborhood.  That was a bust.  Not sure why.  Mommy The kids didn't really get an opportunity to get a whole lot of candy.  So, the next day (Halloween) we hit up our own town.

In style:


There's nothing better than pulling up to someone's house in a stretch limousine asking for candy.  Yeah, we got some looks.

But mommy the kids scored.

I didn't go in costume this year, but my husband did.  He went as an eharmony reject:


2 comments:

  1. lol!!

    I wasn't sure that was actually Jesse, but I DO remember the shirt!

    ReplyDelete