Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Beta Update

I think I owe you all an update.  My apologies for not doing this sooner.

So I had my first beta test (blood test) yesterday at 7:30 am.

The results came at 9:30 am.

My beta is 60.

I was going into yesterday with a really big number in my head, so this number isn’t good to me.

But I’m still pregnant. At least yesterday morning I was.

The people that I’ve told have been uber supportive of this number. It’s a solid number for a singleton (one baby). The real test will be to see if it doubles. My repeat beta is on Friday.

I know I sound really negative about this all and I know I shouldn’t. I should be happy with this number. I just can’t help but think it’s another chemical. There is NOTHING I want more than for it to NOT be one. Lord knows I want this pregnancy to happen more than anything. Anything.

Yesterday was a rough day for me. I cried. I kept playing every scenario in my head. I prayed. I prayed a lot.


This morning I woke up a little better. Here’s why—A)I could very well be pregnant and there’s one little bean making his/her home in my belly. If that is the case, you darn well better know that I am and will continue to make that the best home possible for the next 9 months. B) If it is a chemical, I know that beyond all that I am that I’ve done everything possible that I could to retain a pregnancy.

So, I will move on the next couple days with the mindset that I do have a child setting up shop in my uterus. And I will continue to pray a lot.

11 comments:

  1. I'm praying too and I DO thin there is a child seeting up shop!:)
    Keep the faith, my friend! Here's to the speediest 2 days you've ever experienced! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 60 is a fine beta! Anything over 50 and most clinics are happy! Praying for you all but I think everything will be fine and baby is setting up shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This waiting til Friday is for the birds(and I know how much you like birds). Prayers tht the baby is setting up shop in that awesome body of yours. He/she is going to make you and 2 guys some very happy people. I have a positive feeling about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony and I are sending out positive energy. I am sure there is one perfect little baby setting up shop in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep thinking those positive thoughts. Our first beta was a 33 Dr. D said anything above a 25 was positive! I'll keep fingers crossed and say many prayers for anything above a 160 second beta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we all have our preset "acceptable" numbers in our heads when we go in to these types of tests, so don't get too discouraged. Friday will be here before you know it! Hang on and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed! We're pulling for you Jesse. 60 is in the range. Keep the faith!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard many people with a beta in that range and continued on with a successful pregnancy. Keep your head up girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping my fingers crossed for you girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are pregnant! Cheers to a nice doubled beta today Jesse! I'm crossing all crossables for you.

    ReplyDelete