Sunday, November 20, 2011

NYC/CT...The City and The Transfer

I'm going to go out of order a bit-bear with me.

Today (Sunday) we had our transfer.  It was at 7:45 this morning, so getting up and ready is kind of a blur--but we made it and Dr. Doyle did his thing.  It went great and we saw the two beautiful little embies take their place!

And now we wait.

And I'm not really a patient person.

It's nearly lunch time and Jesse and I have been curled up in bed just hanging out "bed-resting".  It's quite relaxing--and I'm thinking a nap is in order in a little bit.

Ahhhhh....

So yes, I'm a POAS (pee on a stick) addict and I will be doing that.  And ya'll will know when I do, I promise. 

PLEASE pray for me, T and H that these little embies (or one little embie) stick!!  I want nothing more than to make them amazing parents. 



So let's back up now to Friday--it was a truly amazing day.  We met up with T & H at noon in Grand Central Station and head out to the big city right away.  Knowing that they had to catch a plane that night to go home, we knew we had to make the best of the couple ours we had with them.

We first hit up the Empire State building:



I think T & H have some pictures of me with at least one of them--I don't have any.  Argh.

After Empire State, we braved the Subway and headed to Chinatown for some lunch.  Yum-O.

Then, we Subway'd it to Central Park and that's where we parted ways.  Was I sad?  Yes, very much so.  I like them.  A lot.   Remember that "new boyfriend butterflies" post I did a few days ago?  Yeah, it's still like that--leaving that person or persons you've grown to become so fond of and enjoy so much.  It's hard.

After we said our goodbye's, Jesse and I walked 1900 miles to meet up with my cousin (Joe) and his girlfriend (Caryn) for dinner.  I'm not kidding.  1900 miles.

Okay, it was about 40 blocks, but still....

Dinner was great--my family is awesome--we had a great time!

Then, we hit up Dylan's Candy Bar and might have purchased a leetle bit of candy.

Or a lot a bit.

We knew we HAD to check out Time Square at night, so that was our last stop:
Pardon my weird angle there--it was one of those "screw asking anyone to take our pic for us, I can do it myself" type situations...

Yesterday (Saturday), Jesse and I went back to the city to do some more exploring.  And we pulled out our tourist card and did the bus tour.  It was quite informative, very cold on the upper deck, but still pretty neat. 

We did brave Chinatown again.  But not the tourist Chinatown.  The "real" Chinatown.  Like, fish markets everywhere and ducks hanging in restaurant windows.  I'm a big fan of  steamed dumplings, so I went into a very non-English speaking restaurant and did my best to point to what I wanted.  And those dumplings were divine!!  And only $1.75. 

We ended our evening near Rockefeller Center and HAD to hit up Nintendo World.  Santa might have did some shopping there for the kidlets.

And now we're back to the hotel bed.  Just hanging out.  Not moving.  And praying these little embies take up habitation.
I leave you with one more photo.  One that couldn't be more appropriate.  Sure, it's hanging on the side of Macy's department store, but I like to think it was hanging there just for this journey:
 

5 comments:

  1. What a great trip! I'm SO *JEALOUS*!

    LOVING the Believe sign.

    That's what it's all about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the transfer went well!

    So jealous of your NYC trip - maybe someday...

    Cant wait to see the POAS chronicles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the waiting game... and now I'm living it vicariously. SOOO, you'd better update us on those stick results asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time and that Believe sign is def a sign of good things to come! :) Can't wait to hear the POAS results!!

    ReplyDelete