Friday, December 30, 2011

I'm weird.

I had a thought.  I'm weird.  Not in a creepy weird way...in a "man, she's just kinda weird" weird way.  Maybe weird isn't the best adjective.  Odd?  Strange?  Goofy?

Whatever.  "Not normal" is probably the right phrase.

I don't consider any of this a bad thing. It's me.
  • My favorite food in all the land is pickled brussel sprouts.  This is not because I'm pregnant.  It's because pickled brussel sprouts are awesome.  All the time.
  • I think the scariest movie that will ever exist (ever) is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I can’t even type the word Oompa without freaking out.
  • My dream car was always a Fiero. And it still might be.
  • I prefer to write with colored pens (not the "standard" black or blue).
  • Sometimes I think my life could be documented by Lifetime. And people might actually watch it.
  • When I used to show horses during my summers, I lived off of Mountain Dew, brown sugar cinnamon Pop-Tarts and Cheetos.
  • I still have Halloween decorations hanging up in my office.
  • I can’t name all my cousins. (I have lots)
  • I had a bad night in college that involved Vodka and Sunny Delight. I haven’t been able to touch Sunny D since.
  • I people watch ALL the time.
  • I can’t stand the sound of someone clipping their fingernails.
  • I hate having voice mails.
  • I have a hard time saying no to people. Ask me why I work in sales??
  • I hate florescent lighting.
  • I have 5 pairs of glasses that I interchange on a semi-regular basis.
  • I create spreadsheets for everything.
  • I like to dip potato chips in cottage cheese (and along these same lines, I put cottage cheese on my baked potatoes).  Again, not a pregnancy thing, been doing it for years.
  • I can't stand having "unread" e-mails in my inbox.
Not sure if it's a good thing I've laid this out out for the world to see, but hey.  It's all me.  Weird, odd or whatever you want to call it.

And now I have a craving for Pop-Tarts...

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to those who are proudly "weird"! I related to quite a few of those ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought potato chips and cottage cheese were meant to go together! I like to mix a bit of salsa into the cottage cheese before dipping. Most yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TOTALLY think you are weird, odd, strange, goofy and not normal!

    And I LOVE that about you. :-)

    Seriously though...some of those things are completely normal! Why on EARTH would ANYONE EVER have an unread email???? Gracious!! Lol!

    P.S. Since you have a hard time saying no...Can you PLEASE book a flight to Colorado so we can hang????

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I can vouch for some of them :) On a sadder note I was responsible for one of those voicemails today, but in my defense it was just to wish you & the Rulli clan a Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this post! I totally dip my potato chips in cottage cheese, too. But, I can't believe you survived on Mountain Dew, pop tarts, and cheetos. Is any of that food??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You should have told us before:) Well, we have quite a few things in common:

    I am a e-mail deleter.
    I too love spreadsheets.
    I too hate florescent lighing. I actually prefer dark.
    I definitely not able to say no more than once a day.
    Voice mails - never listen to them.
    Love cinnamon Pop-tarts.
    Watch people and dogs! all the time.

    I am also happy to report that my favorite car is not Fiero and I hate brussel sprouts in any form. |But looking forward to have some pop tarts with you soon! TOM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why haven't you made me try the brussel sprouts yet? And how on earth did I not know that?
    If you visit Jeni in Colorado, can I come? I won't interrupt much. LOL I would love to go back there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's completely normal to make a spreadsheet about everything BTW. Just like it's completely normal if your budget spreadsheet goes into 2016. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete