Thursday, January 26, 2012

12 weeks and a couple days...

I forgot to tell my blogtastic friends--

I'm off the meds!!!!


Okay, that sounds like I'm off some sort of psych meds, which I was not on, for the record.  I'm talking Progesterone, Prometrium and Estrogen.

Look, injections and "insertions" aren't the end of the world.  They're just annoying.  If I had to do them the entire pregnancy, I would. 

But I'm so very happy I don't!  My ars is thanking me already.

Also, I had my first OB visit today!!  It was great!!  Though I have been listening to the heartbeat at home, they still listen in the doc's office at every visit--and there "it" was, 172 beats per minute, sounding as beautiful as ever!

I think I've told you aobut my doc, but I'll say it again--he's awesome.  I haven't seen him since my 6-week post partum visit after I had London in 2009 (my subsequent "girl stuff that needs to get done" appointments happened with 2 different RE's since then).  I wasn't sure if he'd remember me or not.  Well, when he walked into the exam room literally jamming out to Styx on his cell phone I knew I was golden.

(as you likely know, I'm a huge Styx fan)

Overall, it was a great appointment, though I've been warned that I'm at a higher risk for gestational diabetes because A)I've had it once before (with Emerson, the middle child) and  B)apparently all risks are a little higher when you're carrying a child that's not really yours.  So, he told me to lay off the bagels and pasta.

Crap.

But hey, I'll do what I need to do.  Besides my own family, this child I'm carrying is one of the most important things to me.  I will do whatever needs to be done to ensure that both "it" and I are happy and healthy for the duration.  If that means cutting out some things, that's what I'll do.

5 comments:

  1. Niiice! I love the little dancing man, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SOOO want to dance with that little man! :-)

    And speaking of a little man...I've always vibed (you know me and my vibes) that you're carrying a boy, but that heart rate says girl to me!

    Hmmmm....we shall see! Gonna really have to tune the vibe-o-meter on this one.

    You are totally thinking VIBRATOR now aren't you! VIBE-O-METER!!! I know you and your naughty side. :-)

    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dancing man is PERFECT! I'm pretty sure I demanded my husband take us out to dinner the night of my last insert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, that's so AWESOME!

    and you? Styx? I'd never have guessed. LOL

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea the higher risks involved with a surrogate pregnancy. I feel you'll be great!!!

    ReplyDelete