Sunday, January 29, 2012

Something I love...#4

Actually, this is SOMEONE I love....


Not in a weird "I love him" kind of way.  But in a "I LOVE him" kind of way.

You know what I mean, right?

So, anyone know who this guy is??

This is Jeff Coffin.  Does that name ring a bell with anyone? 

You may know him currently as the touring sax player for Dave Matthews Band and a member of Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (amongst MANY other things).

I know him (okay, no I don't KNOW him, know him) as a mighty fine sax player.  He's amazing.

I'm a sax player.  I bow down to him when I hear him play.

Here's a sampling of his work (with Bela Fleck).  If you don't want to listen to the entire thing, fast-forward to about the 1:40 mark and listen for about 20 seconds. 


Damn.  I love him.

2 comments:

  1. When I was young and single, if you had blue eyes and played an instrument ummm, yeah totally doable, just sayin.. Hubby is a blue eyed drummer *siiigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making you play your sax for me again when I see you. Be warned.

    ReplyDelete