Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Whew!

I say "whew" because my life is absolute insanity right now.  It's not so much personal as it is work.  You see, the short of it is that I work at an insurance company.  75% of our clients either begin their insurance coverage on January 1st or renew on January 1st. 

So January 1st is a swear word for me.  It's evil.

I won't complain too much (okay, too late) because busy means new business and retention of old, which is always great.  But, it makes for very long hours and lots of headaches on my part.

It will get better. 

Hopefully.

Right now just blows.

Outside of my work insanity, life is good. 

As of yesterday, I am 9 weeks pregnant.  Yeah, 9 weeks.  Crazy, right?  The pregnancy is going good.  I feel decent, minus the fact that I get pretty queasy if I don't have something in my stomach.  So, I've been a big fan of mini-saltine crackers (have you ever seen these things?? They're super cute) and animal crackers.  I've been at the stage where if I hear about a certain food or see it, I crave it.  For instance, I saw a photo of some chocolate chip cookies tonight.  I immediately went to the store and bought the supplies I needed to make them.  And they are awesome.  Someone mentioned Q Doba the other day and I had to make a pit stop to get some.  I think my family is digging the reaping of benefits of my cravings.

I rented a fetal heartbeat monitor doppler thing (sorry, I don't know the real technical term for it)!  For all 3 of my own kids, I rented the throughout the entire pregnancy (yeah, I know...by now I could have bought about 3 of them with as much as I've paid).  Seriously, though, I'm a big fan.  I absolutely LOVE to hear a baby's heartbeat.  It came yesterday and though they say it's better to wait about 10-11 weeks to attempt to hear it, I had to try.  And after about 3 minutes I found it--so beautiful!!  There's a record mechanism on it so I plan to try to download and send to the guys :)  Nothing better than hearing your own child's heartbeat.

And finally, I leave with my thoughts for 2012.  For obvious reasons, it's going to be a great year.  I have been really thinking hard about resolutions for this coming year.  And I couldn't really think of any that meant anything or that I knew I could stick to.  And I'm not about to promise myself something for 2 days and be over it.

I was talking to my boss today and he said a good friend of his gave him advice years ago--keep your resolutions to one word.  That's it.  I thought about this and decided to completely copy my boss in his one-word resolution that he shared with me today.

Focus.

It's a good word.  A fantastic one if you really think about it.  And one that I will use and apply as often as I can.

But for now, I'm going to focus on some TV and my chocolate chip cookies.

7 comments:

  1. Chocolate chip cookies.

    Q Doba.

    You're killin' me, girl!!!!

    I love the resolution.

    Focus. On April. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being 9 weeks and yes cookies sound wonderful right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad things are going well. i think i may adopt "focus" as my resolution. thank you. good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the update!! Glad things are going well with the pregnancy and YAY for picking up the heartbeat on the doppler - that is the BEST sound!! :) Hope work settles down for you SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the update!! Glad things are going well with the pregnancy and YAY for picking up the heartbeat on the doppler - that is the BEST sound!! :) Hope work settles down for you SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the one word resolution thing!!

    What's Q Doba?

    And what's happening in APRIL that you need to focus about? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, that's really weird. I have a private resolution which I had not mentioned to anyone (until now). And it happens to be 1 word.

    Less.

    ReplyDelete