Wednesday, February 15, 2012

15 weeks. V-Day.

Ah, Valentine's Day...A Day to smother your loved ones with chocolate and love.

Or not.

Okay, I've been married 10 years.  (10 1/2 if you want to be exact, but who's counting??)  In the beginning, I would have been oh so pissed off if husband of mine didn't dous me in normal V-Day stuff.  Now, I couldn't really care less.  It's a cute holiday (for anyone that wants it to be) but I'm over the hoopla.

I like buying stuff for my husband, though, so I used it an an opportunity to get him some Carhartt overalls.  Romantic, huh?  And we did go out to dinner.  Not because it was Valentine's Day--because a local restaurant has a "small plate" (Tapas) menu on Tuesday nights.  And it was yum-o-licious.

(and for you foodies out there, here's what we had:  roasted butternut squash soup with bacon croutons, 4-cheese risotto fritters, Kalbi beef braised short ribs with grilled bok choy, porcini mushrooms and veal ragu, home-made chicken nachos, panna cotta and bittersweet chocolate molten cake with home-made caramel ice cream.  Yeah, total yum.)

Anyway, Happy belated Valentine's Day to you all.

Oh, and I was 15 weeks yesterday!!  Yeah, I know, I can't believe it either.  Time is a flying! Whew!  Here's what 15 weeks means to me:  in 5 weeks I have a 20 week ultrasound and get to see Tomas!! And he gets to "meet" his baby for the first time!

Pregnancy is going well--I *think* I felt movement last night, but can't be sure since I didn't feel it again.  So, I've been really really concentrating on the belly area and hope to feel something again! 

Other than that, all is good!

And here's a teaser for the next few days blog posts:  Belly Pictures and A story about a bell heist!  Stay Tuned!

4 comments:

  1. You're starting to sound like Paul with all this food talk. Drool!
    I'm glad you had a nice day, without all the hoopla.

    It's really about the love celebrated all year long anyway.

    Love you, glad you had a nice time out with Jesse.

    I'm so excited for your 20 weeks appointment. Do they want to know the sex? I think you said yes but my brain isn't so sharp these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for tapas!
    Yay for 15 weeks!
    Yay for 20 week ultrasounds and a visit from Tomas!

    Belly pics need to be done pronto and I'm looking forward to getting the long version of the bell heist!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drooling. Sounds amazing. I totally agree with the love that's celebrated all year long. Especially because Bill has been in Houston for the past week. He owes me chocolate molten cake and porcini mushrooms, dammit! Congras on 15 weeks!!! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15w already?! It's going by fast!!

    ReplyDelete