Thursday, February 9, 2012

So what's with that plywood thing??

So ya'll were wondering what that plywood thing is in the background of this photo:

Here's the deal:

That "thing" is in what we call our "open room".  It's not really a living room, not really an anything room.  Just a big open space.  Here's a pic so you get a better feel of what I'm talking about (the room without the "thing"):


See, it's just a big open space (great for kids, mind you).

Wisconsin is kind of cold.  Well, most years it is (this year, like the rest of the country, as been unseasonable warm).  Anyway, usually it's cold.  So my husband (God love him) loves to do projects indoors.  Sure, he's got a barn and a shed for his "whatever men do in their workshops" time, but to do something in the comfort of his 70 degree home is what he prefers.

My husband loves his kids.  Wait a minute....my husband IS a kid.  No really, he is.  A great big one.  It's not a fault.  It's pretty cool. 

Anyway, the kids have lots of outside stuff--a play set, a huge trampoline, a dozen Power Wheels (no joke), a pond to swim in, oh and about 5 acres to run around on.  But my husband thought they should have something else.  A play house.

A 150 square foot play house.

With siding.

And doors and windows.

And a pitched roof.

Made of.....can anyone guess???

Plywood!!

So, he decides that it would be best to cut the pieces outside and assemble it in the house.

And so he did.


And it took up the entire "open room".  I can't even get the entire thing in a photo.

And yes, Kermit is okay, I promise.

We had some people over for the Superbowl and didn't think it would be appropriate for them to have to walk around it to get from the kitchen to the TV (which is what I had to do for, um, about a MONTH).  So, he and his brothers took it apart (wall by wall) and moved it outside.

It's not set up yet (he wants to side it first and build the roof), so it's just in "storage" for the time being. 

But I have my house back and I'm happy.

And the kids will be happy in a few weeks.

Very happy.

And daddy will be too.

7 comments:

  1. That is SO COOL! I want him to build me a play house, damn! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously?

    Um...wife of the year for you. I would NEVER allow something like that to be built indoors! Although, I'd also never celebrate my husband's birthday the way you do, ;-) so like I said...

    Hands down.

    Wife of the year.

    *Let it be known that I would never qualify to even be NOMINATED for wife of the year. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! i'm so glad that kermit is ok. he looks like he was a victim of (sesame) street violence. are you sure that gonzo and the chickens didn't do a drive by?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts:

    1) Yes, this is awesome.

    2) I would sooner be boiled alive than let my spouse do a construction project in my living room. If he leaves so much as a DVD on the counter, I threaten castration. You have patience beyond my imagination.

    3) Yes, this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this post! Pretty crazy; very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so Jesse. I love how much of a kid he is, it's why him and Joe get along well, now that I think about it.

    He's a great daddy. That's something to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete