Monday, April 23, 2012

Jeni-Part I

This weekend I met Jeni in real life.  In the flesh.

And she was awesome.  I knew she would be, but she was more awesomer than I thought (and yes, that's a word).

Let me back up a bit and give you a brief history...I "met" Jeni on February 17, 2011.  She posted a comment on this very blog (back when I had the failed transfer(s) with B & T).  She seemed sincere and offered her e-mail to me to correspond with her.  So I did.

And we clicked.

Then we exchanged phone numbers.

We clicked more.

Jeni was the one who turned me on to Circle Surrogacy to pursue my dream of becoming a surrogate.  And I will forever be grateful to her for that.  Let's not forget what an amazing surrogate she was, giving birth to twins (Gustavo and Milena) in November of last year for a couple that live in NYC.  (you should check out her blog for photos of those little ones--but consider yourself warned of cuteness overload.)  Her surrogacy journey was so inspiring to me.  She's inspiring.

So Jeni was pregnant nearly all of last year.  Then right after she had the babies, I got pregnant with our successful transfer.  I know we mutually agreed that we wanted to meet, but it was hard to find a time.

Until this past weekend. 

She trucked (well, flew in a plane) her way out from Colorado to Wisconsin to visit with me and my family.

And boy, did we have a great time.

I've met many people online and then met them in person, so I was no stranger to this process.  But still, while I was waiting at the airport to get her, I had a few butterflies floating around in my stomach.  My biggest fear was that we wouldn't recognize each other and she'd walk right past me and think I forgot to pick her up!!

But that was not the case.  We saw each other at the same time and from there, all was good.  It was like we had been friends for years. 

To be continued shortly....

5 comments:

  1. Jeni - Yeah, you are awesome! It was great meeting you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeni is awesome and I'm jealous you got to spend time with her. I'm also jealous she got to spend time with awesome you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Happy you found each other at the airport. Silly how we worry about goofy things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're awesomerest. Also a word. :)

    ReplyDelete