Friday, April 13, 2012

Why I love small towns...

I grew up in what some would classify as a "small town".  But it really wasn't all THAT small.  I mean we had a McDonald's, a Hardees and a few cheese factories.  My high school class was around 200 (I think...).  So yeah, not all that small compared to some. 

The town I live in now has a Mobile station.  And a Piggly Wiggly.

So yes, I'm in a really small town at present.

Anyway---I subscribe to my hometown newspaper (The Plymouth Review) because I like to know what's happening--I like to see who's getting married, who's having babies and who is having the best fish fry on Friday.

The latest edition had this story, and for whatever reason, it put a little grin on my face:


This just makes me smile. 

...And kind of makes me want to see what a goat show is all about.  A multi-county one at that.

5 comments:

  1. You should go.. AND TAKE PICS! I need to see a multi-county goat show! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Piggly Wiggly?!?!

    Sounds like a photo op to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny. We live in city of 65,000 that is strongly agricultural on the outskirts. My husband, just this evening, fielded an automated phone call from the school district about a goat show. Only the first time he heard the message, he thought they were advertising a solar-powered boat show. Which sounds a little more interesting. But not much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I find goats to be the funniest animal ever created! There's something crazy going on inside their heads. I agree, you should go, take pictures and give us a review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm planning to be at the multi-county goat show.

    ReplyDelete