Friday, May 25, 2012

Days Off. Pure Awesome.

A few weeks ago I had a chat with my boss...I was told I needed to take some time off of work.  I had too much time built up and needed to use it.

So I did.

I decided to make this Memorial Day weekend a nice long one--so I turned it into a 5 day weekend.

I'm only into day two and I'm a happy girl.

Really happy.

I've stayed clear of my work e-mails (which I normally don't do on my days off) and I have to say it's been amazing.  I feel good.  I feel happy.  I feel no stress.

Yesterday, my day started visiting with a dear old friend of mine, Whitni.  Here is her blog. Whitni and I met the first day of Freshman year at Lakeland College in 1997.  And I love her.  And she's awesome.  And her kids are cool.  And we had a nice visit.  And it made me realize I don't spend enough time with my friends.  Must change that. 

After our visit, the hubster, London and I picked up Emerson from her last day of pre-school:


My little rockstar.

After the little limo excursion, I hit up the local flower shop for some pretty flowers to plant in my planters.  Note I said pretty flowers.  That's all I looked at.  If they were pretty, I bought them, with no idea whether or not they would survive.

I have NO clue what I'm doing when it comes to planting anything.  I can't even keep fake plants looking good.  But so far, everything is still alive.  Woo! One whole day!  Hope this keeps up! 

Since all the dirt and planting took so much out of me, I spent the rest of the afternoon reading:


Yes, I succumbed to the hype.

And it was just as kink-a-licious as I had hoped it would be. 

So much so, that I just finished it.  In less than a day.  And I'm very much looking forward to starting the 2nd one in the series.

Read it.  Your significant others will thank you.  Just sayin'...

This morning I went grocery shopping.
Alone.
And I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

My most awesome mother in law picked up the kids a few hours ago...and we won't be getting them back until tomorrow evening.  Hubby and I made dinner reservations for tonight (at a place that actually takes reservations and doesn't have a kids menu).  I'm ecstatic. 

Oh, and I got sun-burned.  That was on my to do list.  Seriously.  I was pretty pale.  Now I'm a pretty shade of red and couldn't be happier.

I have no idea what tomorrow holds.  I will be child-less and husband-less nearly all the day long.  That doesn't happen.  Ever.  And I couldn't be more excited.  I'm sure Jachym and I will find something fun to do.  Maybe some shopping?  Napping?  TV-watching?  It all sounds so lovely and I'm doing nothing but looking forward to the rest of my oh so awesome weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time! Sounds devine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love everything about this post! It all sounds just lovely!

    I wanna see pics of your flowers. No...not YOUR FLOWER....I said your FLOWERS! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're properly enjoying your time off. DH and I ran out for a brief, but needed grown up dinner at a place that required reservations this evening as well. As much as I enjoyed it, I still think I prefer our <$10 burrito lunches. :-)

    ReplyDelete