Saturday, June 23, 2012

33 Weeks!

Okay, so I re-read my "fluffy" post from a few days ago and I sounded really upset.

Because I was. 

When you're pregnant, you expect everything to go perfect.  When you're pregnant with someone else's child, you want it to be more than perfect.  And if it's not, there's almost a sense of failure.  At least that's kinda what I was feeling.  I'm a perfectionist in much of my life, especially when it involves other people.  I want to give them the best and when everything I do doesn't amount to perfection, it bugs me.  It's who I am.  Last week after my doctor's appointment, I felt as though I had failed...in a way.

After my appointment, the family and I headed up to Door County for some rest and relaxation.  Odd but really good timing because we had planned that little excursion weeks ago.  No work, no projects--just a lake breeze, lawn chairs and naps.

On Wednesday it was hot.  Really hot.  95 degrees and more humid than anyone ever needs to deal with.  I felt like crap most of the day. I was chugging more water than you would believe, sitting with my feet up and the swelling was just as bad, if not worse.  I won't deny this, I was worried.

I slept semi-okay on Wednesday night and when I woke up on Thursday, I noticed a change in the temp...and I could actually see my ankles!  I about had a dance party. And I felt SO much better!

You see, the temp had dropped to about 80 degrees and the humidity was nearly gone.

I am still following docs orders and keeping as chill as I can (which has been kinda nice, actually) and I can totally tell my swelling has gone and stayed down.

So, thank you to the State of Wisconsin and mother nature for causing me to freak out.  I truly believe the heat and humidity that we had a few days last week was cause to much (if not all) of my swelling issues.  No, I will not take that as the true reason and will still be cautious, but at least I feel a little better and confident that Jachym is going to be hanging out for a few more weeks.

That all being said, happy 33 (almost 34) weeks to me and baby Jachym (and Tomas and Honza, of course)!


4 comments:

  1. Yea for less swelling! I hope the last few weeks are good for you. You are so close!h

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look SO pretty! And I can't believe how long your hair is when it's straightened! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this the other day and I've been thinking about it. I just wanted to tell you that I had some of the most complicated pregnancies my OB has seen, and I have four completely perfect (except for their whining which we haven't linked to the pregnancies) children. So, you're doing everything you can and you'll end up blessing two men with a completely perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very glad to hear the drop in humidity helped and the R&R, as well. VERY GLAD!

    I'm sorry to hear you felt like a failure. You're doing an amazing job carrying the little guy and looking pretty darn amazing while doing so.
    Much love.

    ReplyDelete