Sunday, July 8, 2012

35 Weeks!

I'm gonna keep saying it.  Holy crap.  We're this far already?? 

As of today, the countdown says 30 days to go.

I'm sorry, what?!?!  30 days?!?!?

Everything pregnancy wise is going good.  For the most part, I feel decent.  But I can definitely tell there's a big baby in my belly.  I am very curious how big this baby will actually be when he's born.  I think it's time for a baby poll!!  (watch for that soon!!)

I lay in bed wanting to roll over and I have to seriously think about whether or not I really want to.  Truly, it's becoming quite difficult just to move even a little bit. 

And then when it gets to be about 2:00 am and I have to pee, I curse a little...because I have to get out of bed.  And walk to the bathroom.  And then walk back to the bedroom.  And that's a lot of work when you're half awake.

To those that have had twins, I commend you.  You are my heroes.  I can't imagine what this would be like with 2 babies in the belly. 

But I won't complain any more.  Like I said, for the most part, I feel good.  I know many women that can't stand being pregnant and hate every second.  I am not one of them.  However, I am not going to lie...I am pretty uncomfortable at this point. 

I don't wish this pregnancy to be over, though.  Because I don't want this experience to end.  I know once I have the baby, Tomas and Honza will start their life with their new child and I know I'm going to miss it.  I'll miss the baby.  I'll miss their family.

I know there will never be a true end to this journey, but thinking about not being pregnant anymore definitely makes me a little sad.  We're not going to think about that quite yet, though.  I'm going to enjoy every last second of this wonderful experience I am on and treasure every moment.

And I know once Jachym is born, there will be no better moment than to see this truly remarkable family come together and know that I had a part in making it happen.  And that, my friends, makes up for any and all sad feelings I have.

I had Elliot take my 35 week photo today, so the angle is a little off...but you get the idea.

Yes, my belly is that huge.  At least I feel that huge.

I had a women come up to me the other day and asked me if I was overdue. Uh, thanks.

7 comments:

  1. Hush her mouth, you look great! I am curious how big he is gonna be too!! The time is really flying for you, seems like just yesterday you were saying your first beta!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look great! Better than great - fantasmic!

    I'm sad to hear that you're getting sad. Yes, you may be sad, and yes, the feelings of happiness will outweigh the feelings of sadness, and yes, we can work on the sadness by finding a way to get you to CO for a girls weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great! I can't wait to see how much this baby weights! I'm glad everything is going so smooth. I forget about the final weeks and how much effort it takes to do anything. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bump. You look pregnant, of course, but not huge by any means.

    I can't believe you're 35 weeks. I seriously thought it was a typo at first. I saw the number 30 in the post and was thinking, yeah, 30 weeks, that sounds more accurate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you contemplated a second journey?!?! you're in the home stretch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You still look amazing. I am sure the happy is going to overflow the sad. You'll keep in touch with the guys and get to see Jachym grow and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is up with that woman? Why do people say stuff like that? When I was swimming about 32 weeks pregnant with the twins, a man doing laps stopped to shout, "What!? You look about 12 months pregnant."

    ReplyDelete