Monday, August 13, 2012

3 Weeks Old!

My little surro guy will be 3 weeks old tomorrow.

It's simply amazing how fast the time is going--it went uber fast while I was pregnant with him and now seems to be going even faster now that he's here.

The little man is doing great!!  His daddies really know what they're doing.  It's funny because you get a user manual with your new hairbrush and don't get anything with a new baby.  And yet, you're expected to know everything. 

I'm very proud of the guys...not that I had any doubt that they wouldn't be good parents, but they've blown away my expectations.  That baby is so loved and cared for.  It makes my heart melt when I see them all together.

We had a little baby shower for them last night--just a few close friends and family--it was a lovely time.

And I had beer. 

And it was good.

I did have a hard time coming up with a gift for them.  Before Jachym was born, I had gotten them this... (which is super cute, by the way)


...but for their shower, I wanted to get them something personal, but not cheesy.  Meaningful, yet cool.

So, in addition to the Piggly Wiggly t-shirt and jar of Nutella...


(there's a story to everything, right?)

...I made them a photo book, documenting our journey.


Inside were many photos and excerpts from this very blog.  It was challenging for me to put it together because I cried nearly every time I made an attempt.  And yes, as they looked at it last night, I teared up a bit.  In front of everyone.  Which I knew I would.

Sigh....


Tomorrow we'll be hanging out with the boys at their hotel, which has a pretty decent indoor waterpark.  My kids are really looking forward to it (as am I)!  Oh, and Tomas will be making us an authentic Czech meal for dinner!!  Can you say awesome?!? 

And just because he's one of the cutest kiddos ever...here's a photo for you of the little man just hanging out, likely watching the Olympics...


5 comments:

  1. I think he is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen! I'll be sad when he goes home, so I can imagine you'll be fairly close to heartbroken not to be able to see that sweet face on a regular basis. :( I'm glad you are getting to spend some time together now though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! What a cute bear and holy canoli...that picture of Jachym in the bed. Yeah, that super cute.

    Happy 3 weeks little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable picture of him laying in the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 weeks! Wow!
    The baby shower sounded fun and I bet there were many tears shed over the photobook. Great idea!

    Your plans with the guys today sound pretty darn fun. I would really be looking forward to that meal and snuggling with Jachym. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete